How to Migrate Email from Bluehost to Office 365? Best Guide
Bluehost is primarily a web hosting solutions company that also offers other services like website designing and migration. But, recently it has faced security breaches leaving the client’s data vulnerable to various online threats. Therefore, people now want to move to more safe and secure email services like Office 365 but not everyone knows how to do so. So, in this blog, we will provide you with a step by step easy guide to migrate email from Bluehost to Office 365.
Table of Contents:
Why Migrate Bluehost Email to Office 365?
Office 365 is a cloud-based email client which helps to store user’s data in the form of emails, calendars, contacts, etc. Using this service users can access their data from any device and store all their data in its application. There are multiple reasons why a user should migrate email from Bluehost to Office 365, let us discuss some of them here.
- Businesses have ever-changing needs and it is very important to be able to accommodate these changes, in which Bluehost lags behind. On the other hand, Office 365 can fulfill these needs as it is a more secure and scalable platform.
- Office 365 offers many collaborative tools like Microsoft Teams, Outlook, OneDrive, etc. that enable its users to have enhanced document sharing and teamwork.
- Office 365 has various features that enhance business productivity and improve daily communication between its users. It also provides better security, stops spam emails, and keeps things more organized.
These are some of the most common reasons why you should migrate Bluehost email to Office 365. Now, let us look at the different methods to do this in the next section.
Manual Method to Migrate Email from Bluehost to Office 365
To manually transfer Bluehost emails to Office 365, first, you need to configure your Office 365 account in Outlook, and after that follow the below mentioned steps.
- Launch the “Outlook” app on your system and click on the “File” tab.
- Now, from the menu click on the “Open & Export” option and then select the “Import/Export” option.
- Next, choose the option to “Import from another program of file” and click on the “Outlook Data File” from the available options.
- Select the PST file that you want to import to Office 365 and select the “Location” where you want to import the file.
- At last, click on the “Finish” button to complete the migration process.
However, the manual method may not be suitable for every user because of its complicated process and requirement of good technical knowledge. Thus, we have provided you with a better solution to migrate email from Bluehost to Office 365, in the next section.
Transfer Bluehost Emails to Office 365 using Professional Tool
We have seen how the manual method can be a very complicated and time consuming process with a very high risk of data loss, especially for users who have limited technical knowledge. Thus, for every user, an ideal way to migrate email from Bluehost to Office 365 is to use the Cloud Migration Tool. Using this tool you can migrate emails in bulk with attachments from multiple IMAP accounts simultaneously.
Steps to Migrate Email from Bluehost to Office 365
Let us discuss the steps following which you can safely transfer emails from Bluehost to Office 365.
- Launch the professional tool and select “IMAP” as the source and “Office 365” as the destination platform.
- Now from the “Workload Selection” select the checkbox that represents email.
- Use the “Date Filter” option to migrate only the selective data, and then click on the “Next” button.
- From the IMAP server drop down menu choose the “Other” option and enter “IMAP Server URL” and “Port Number”.
- Enter the required details, “Destination Email” and “Application ID”, and then click on “Validate”.
- From the “Users” screen choose the way you want to migrate your data to Office 365.
- Add the “Source App Password” and then click on the “Validate” button on the top right side of the screen.
- Next, click on the “Start Migration” button and check your files afterward under the “Complete” tab.
After the process is complete, you can get the Summary Report of the Detailed Report of the entire process by clicking on the “Download Report” button.
Advantages of Professional Migration Tool
The professional migration tool has multiple features, thus it is an ideal solution for users to migrate email from Bluehost to Office 365. To understand this better let us discuss some of the advantages of this professional tool that can make your migration process easy and secure.
- With the data filter option in the professional software users can migrate selective data by specifying a particular date range. Doing this will avoid the migration of unnecessary data of the user to another email client.
- The professional tool supports delta migration that enables the users to skip the already migrated data to Office 365.
- With its concurrent and priority migration feature, users can migrate data from multiple accounts (up to 20) all at once without any corruption or duplicity.
- Users also have the option to re-run the migration process or retry the failed items to ensure zero data loss.
Above we have discussed about the easy methods following which users can safely migrate email from Bluehost to Office 365, however, the manual method has a very high risk of data loss and thus is not an ideal solution for users. Hence, you can take the help of the professional software discussed in the blog which will make your backup process easy and secure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 Why migrate my email to Office 365?
Ans. By migrating your emails to Office 365 you can get access to all your email data and other office apps from any place at any time.
Q.2 How can I migrate Bluehost email to Office 365?
Ans. You can export the list of email addresses, usernames, and passwords into a CSV file and then migrate it using the “Exchange Admin Center”.
Q.3 How can I transfer my email domain to Office 365?
Ans. To transfer your email domain to Office 365, click on “Settings”, go to the Domains page, and then select “Add domain”. Follow the given steps to confirm that you own the domain and complete the setup in the Office 365 account.