How to Migrate cPanel Email to Office 365? Best Method
cPanel is a control panel software and also a provider of automation tools and a graphical interface that makes the process of hosting a website simple for its users. But as the website and its business grows, users are in need of better email services like Office 365. Office 365 provides a variety of features that increase the security and productivity, therefore, in this article, we will provide you with the best solutions to migrate cPanel email to Office 365.
Table of Contents:
- Why Transfer cPanel Email to Microsoft Office 365?
- Manual Solution to Migrate cPanel Email to Office 365
- Perform cPanel to Office 365 Migration using Professional Tool
- Step by Step Method to Migrate cPanel Emails to Office 365
- Why use Professional Tool to Transfer cPanel Email to Microsoft Office 365?
- Conclusion & FAQs
Why Transfer cPanel Email to Microsoft Office 365?
cPanel is a very good option for fulfilling the basic requirements of a business, however, as its size grows it demands some additional customizations and functionalities. Office 365, which is a cloud-based service offered by Microsoft integrated with various software like Outlook, Excel, Word, OneDrive, etc. It caters to all the needs of the growing business with its wide variety of features offered in its subscription plans that users can choose from as per their needs.
Thus, there are multiple reasons for a user to migrate cPanel email to Office 365, so let us discuss a few of them here.
- Office 365 allows an effortless integration with its various other services that help in enhancing the productivity of its users especially when they need to improve their scalability.
- It provides better security to users for example, with a powerful spam filter that lays emphasis on the security of their data.
- Users can access all their data at any time from a single location and thus they do not have to worry about any maintenance or manual upgrades.
Now let us move on to the solutions that you must follow to transfer cPanel email to Microsoft Office 365, in the next section.
Manual Solution to Migrate cPanel Email to Office 365
- Login into your cPanel email and then go to the particular email message that you want to save.
- Click on the “More” icon in the top bar and select the “Export” option.
- Now choose the “location” where you want your email to be saved in EML file format.
The manual method for how to migrate cPanel email account to Office 365 is useful only for a limited number of emails as users need to save each and every email individually. Hence, this method won’t work when you have to transfer cPanel email to Microsoft Office 365 in bulk. You can learn how to import EML files into Office 365 from the linked article.
Perform cPanel to Office 365 Migration using Professional Tool
The manual method to migrate cPanel emails is very inefficient when users need to save their emails in bulk. Thus, an ideal way to migrate cPanel email to Office 365 with attachments in bulk is with the help of the Cloud Migration Tool. This tool allows users to perform cPanel to Office 365 migration from all IMAP servers in an easy and secure way.
Step by Step Method to Migrate cPanel Email to Office 365
Now let us move on to the steps following which you can easily transfer cPanel email to Microsoft Office 365.
- Open the professional tool on your system and then from the “Setup” screen, select “IMAP” as source and “Office 365” as destination.
- Now go to the “Workload Selection” section and enable “Email” as well as the “Date Filter” checkbox to migrate only selective emails.
- Click on the “Source” screen, select “Other” IMAP server, and then enter the required source details.
- Next, enter the destination details such as “Admin Email” and “Application ID” and then click on the “Validate” button.
- From the “Users” screen select the most suitable option for adding users from the source account.
- Now enter the “Source App Password” of the accounts from where you want to migrate the data and then click on the “Validate” button.
- Click on the “Start Migration” button at the top right corner of your screen to commence the cPanel to Office 365 migration process.
Why use Professional Tool to Transfer cPanel Email to Microsoft Office 365?
There are various reasons to consider using the professional migration tool to migrate cPanel email to Office 365, let us see a few of them.
- The tool has the capability to migrate single as well as bulk mailboxes from multiple IMAP accounts to Office 365 simultaneously.
- Users can re-run the migration process or retry the failed items so that they can safely migrate all the files without any data loss.
- The tool has a delta migration feature that allows to migrate only the newly arrived data from the source account and avoid any duplication of existing data.
- After the completion of the migration process, users can generate a migration summary report consisting of all the details that can be used for future analysis.
Every user wants an email service that helps in improving their productivity, hence in this article, we have discussed the best solutions to migrate cPanel email to Office 365. However, the manual method is not an ideal solution for you due to its inefficiency to migrate emails in bulk. Thus, the best method on how to migrate cPanel email account to Office 365 is with the help of a professional tool, discussed above in the article.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How do I transfer my emails from cPanel?
Ans. To transfer your emails from cPanel, first download all the files from your old cPanel and then transfer them to the new one. After this update the DNS and try sending a test mail.
Q2. How do I backup all my emails from cPanel?
Ans. In order to backup all your emails from cPanel, follow the below mentioned step by step method:
- Open the web browser and sign in to your cPanel account.
- From the “Files” tab, open the “File Manager” option and navigate to the “Mail” folder.
- Right click, go to “Compress” and select the best option as per your choice.
- Click on the “Compress File” button and then right-click on that file to download it.
Q3. How do I find my IMAP/POP settings in cPanel?
Ans. To find your IMAP/POP settings, log into your cPanel account, go to the “Email” section, and then click on the “Email Accounts” link. Now, navigate to your email and click on the “Connect Devices” button to see all the cPanel manual settings.