How to Migrate cPanel Email to Google Workspace? Complete Guide
cPanel is a widely used control panel for server management, creating email accounts, organizing web files, publishing articles, etc. However, with the expansion of website’s operations the need for better features also increases, which leads to people migrating to other email services like Google Workspace. So, in this article, we will explain to you the quick ways to migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace.
Table of Contents:
- Why Transfer Emails from cPanel to Google Workspace?
- Manual Solution to Migrate cPanel Email to Google Workspace
- Professional Solution to Transfer Emails from cPanel to Google Workspace
- Step by Step Method to Migrate cPanel Email to Google Workspace
- Why use Professional Tool to Transfer cPanel to Google Workspace?
Why Transfer Emails from cPanel to Google Workspace?
Google Workspace, formerly known as G Suite, is a collection of various cloud computing tools that enhance the collaboration and productivity of its users. These tools include Contacts, Gmail, Meet, Drive, etc. that are suitable for various purposes like storage, content creation, and communication.
There are plenty of reasons why users want to migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace, so let us have a look at a few of them.
- It enhances the work experience of the users with the integration of various tools and services offered by Google so that they can manage all the data in one place.
- Google Workplace offers better security options to its users when compared to other webmail service providers.
- The user interface of Gmail is very user-friendly and has a simple as well as interactive GUI to improve the user experience.
In the next section, let us understand the best solutions following which users can quickly transfer emails from cPanel to Google Workspace.
Manual Solution to Migrate cPanel Email to Google Workspace
Unfortunately, there is no manual solution to migrate emails from cPanel to Google Workspace in a direct way. However, if you want you can export your emails from cPanel in EML file format and then configure it with email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.
Below are the steps you can follow to successfully export your cPanel emails into EML file format.
- Open the cPanel login page on your web browser and then login using your email credentials.
- From your email folders select a particular email that you want to save and then click on the “More” button at the top bar.
- Next, click on the “Export” option and select the file location to save an EML file of your email.
There may not be a manual solution to migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace, but there is an alternate method to do so which we have discussed in the next section.
Professional Solution to Transfer Emails from cPanel to Google Workspace
There is no manual solution to migrate emails from cPanel to Google Workspace and exporting your emails into an EML file individually can be a tedious task when you have to save a large number of emails. Thus an ideal solution to migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace will be to take the help of the Cloud Migration Tool suggested by experts. This tool will help you to export multiple mailboxes with attachments from all IMAP servers simultaneously.
Step by Step Method to Migrate cPanel Email to Google Workspace
So, let us move on to the steps that you can follow to successfully transfer emails from cPanel to Google Workspace.
- Open the tool in your system, click on the “Setup” option on the left sidebar, and then select “IMAP” as source and “G Suite” as destination.
- Go to “Workload Selection”, click on the checkbox representing “Email” and then use the “Date Filter” to migrate only selective emails.
- Click on the “Source” screen, choose the “Other” option from the list of “IMAP Server” and enter the required details.
- From the “Destination” screen fill in the asked destination details and then click on the “Validate” button.
- Now, from the “Users” screen choose the option as per your requirements to add users from the source account through a CSV file.
- Next, add the “Source App Password” of the accounts that you want to migrate and then click on the “Validate” button.
- Click on the “Start Migration” button at the top right side of the screen and successfully start the process to migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace.
Why use Professional Tool to Transfer cPanel to Google Workspace?
There are plenty of reasons why users should consider using a professional tool recommended by experts to migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace, let us have a look at a few of them in brief.
- The tool has the capability to back up single as well as multiple mailboxes with attachments from all IMAP servers simultaneously in bulk mode.
- It has the ability to preserve and maintain the original folder structure even while migrating bulk data from IMAP-supported email servers to Google Workspace.
- It has a Delta Migration feature that allows users to transfer only the newly arrived data after the previous migration which helps in avoiding any data duplication.
- Users can also re-run the migration process or retry the failed items to ensure zero data loss without the need to start with the entire process all over again.
In this article we have covered the quick methods following which you can migrate cPanel email to Google Workspace, but, there is not a manual method to do that. Therefore, you can use the professional tool mentioned above in this article so that you can easily migrate emails from cPanel to Google Workspace.