How to Migrate Amazon WorkMail to Office 365? Complete Guide
Amazon WorkMail is a webmail service for managing the emails and calendars with attachments of its users. However, to get more advanced features and security many users want to migrate to other email services like Office 365. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss the best solutions that you can use to migrate Amazon workmail to Office 365.
Table of Contents:
- AWS WorkMail vs Office 365- Why Users Want to Transfer AWS to Office 365?
- Manual Solution to Migrate Amazon WorkMail to Office 365
- Expert Way to Transfer AWS to Office 365
- Step by Step Method to Migrate Amazon WorkMail to Office 365
- Why use Professional Tool for AWS to Office 365 Migration?
AWS WorkMail vs Office 365- Why Users Want to Transfer AWS to Office 365?
Office 365 is a suite of different collaborative tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. that comes with various advanced features and security that help in increasing the efficiency and productivity of its users. Below is the table of comparison between AWS Workmail and Office 365 that will clarify why users want to migrate Amazon workmail to Office 365.
|It is a simple service that allows you to manage your email messages.
|It is a service that offers multiple productivity applications like Word, Excel, Teams, OneNote, OneDrive, etc.
|The maximum size limit of the email messages is 25 MB.
|The maximum size limit of the email messages is 150 MB.
|It provides only basic email protection services to the users.
|It has strong security features like spam and virus protection for the user’s data.
|The service is only available for Saas, Web, and Cloud.
|Office 365’s service is available on the web, as well as Android and iOS devices.
Now let us head to the manual solution that will allow you to transfer AWS to Office 365.
Manual Solution to Migrate Amazon WorkMail to Office 365
- Open the Exchange Admin Center on your browser, go to “Migration” and click on “Add migration batch”.
- In the Add migration page enter the name as “Test-Amzn-Office”, choose the “Migrate to Exchange Online” option, and then click on “Next”.
- Now, check the “Prerequisites for IMAP migration page” and after fixing all the issues click on “Next”.
- In the “Set a migration endpoint” page attach the target, type the name, and then click on the “Next” button.
- In the “IMAP migration configuration” page, enter the “Source server” name and then click on “Next”.
- Now, find and add a CSV file of the mailbox data with the help of the interface and then press “Next”.
- On the “Schedule batch migration” page create, save, and verify the start as well as end point of the current migration batch, and then click on “Done”.
- From the main menu, go to the “Migration” section and then get the status of the “Batch”.
- Make the changes in the “MX record” to point it towards the new destination and after that remove all its traces from the original server.
- In the final step, end the migration batch request from the Exchange Admin Center.
The manual method to migrate Amazon workmail to Office 365 is a very long and complicated process as it involves a lot of technicalities which makes it very difficult to perform for the users. Therefore, you can go for an alternate solution discussed in the next section to transfer your AWS emails in an easy and secure way.
Expert Way to Transfer AWS to Office 365
As you have seen, the manual method is very difficult as it involves a lot of technicalities and thus, is not the best solution to migrate Amazon workmail to Office 365. Hence, an ideal solution is to take the help of the professional Cloud Migration Tool for an easy and secure AWS to Office 365 migration.
Using this software, you can migrate data from single as well as bulk mailboxes from all IMAP email servers simultaneously. The tool also has various features like Delta Migration, Date Filter, etc. that make the migration process secure.
Step by Step Method to Migrate Amazon WorkMail to Office 365
Next, let us move to the step-by-step method that you can follow to transfer AWS to Office 365.
- Open the professional software and then select the source and destination as “IMAP” and “Office 365” respectively.
- Move down to the “Workload Selection” section and enable the “Email” as well as “Date Filter” to back up only selective data from the source account.
- Select the “Other” option from the “IMAP Server” list, enter the source details, and then click on “Validate”.
- In the “Destination” screen enter the destination details, validate the permissions, and then click on “Next”.
- Go to the “Users” screen and import users through CSV from the source account.
- Now, add the “Source App Password” and then click on the “Start Migration” button at the top right corner.
Why use Professional Tool for AWS to Office 365 Migration?
The professional tool offers a lot of advantages over the manual method which makes it an ideal choice for every user to migrate Amazon workmail to Office 365, let us look at a few of them.
- The tool has the capability to migrate single as well as multiple mailboxes from all IMAP accounts simultaneously in an easy and secure way.
- With this software, you can migrate only the selective data from the source account with the help of the date filter option.
- The software ensures zero data loss as it allows you to retry the failed items or re-run the migration process.
In this article, we have discussed the different solutions that you can follow in order to migrate Amazon workmail to Office 365. The manual method is a very long process and thus, it becomes very complicated for a normal user. On the other hand, you can go with professional software in order to migrate your AWS emails in an easy and secure way.