How to Resolve “Internal Error Code=0000000E” in Outlook Offline Storage Table
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most leading email application that contains two data files i.e., PST and OST. It permits an individual to save entire mailbox to the user’s system. If anything goes wrong, with these two elements, then, in that case, MS Outlook does not work properly. Thus, in this blog, we are going to discuss an OST File Internal Error code: 0000000E and different methods to fix all error codes. Before that, let us discuss the main role of OST file in Outlook application.
Importance of Offline OST in MS Outlook
Offline storage table (.ost) file is considered as the replicas of Microsoft Exchange. The Exchange Server make the database copy of all mailbox items in the OST file. It could be carried by .ost file extension. The most important thing, the functioning of Outlook OST files is to save mailbox items in MS Exchange Account. It can easily be accessed by a slow internet connection, or when the internet is not available. Although, it is also utilized in these cases like Exchange server is unavailable or an unexpected shutdown of Exchange Server.
Reasons Behind Occurrence of Outlook Error
Synchronizing the OST file with MS Exchange Server is an important part of Outlook and it keeps all messages properly aligned with the Exchange database files. In most of the cases, all users find it little unmanageable while working in Outlook offline mode. For example, when re-establishing a connection between MS Exchange Server and Outlook. In this blog, the user will come across the synchronization issues. The most important error is mentioned below:
“Internal Error Code= 0000000E” is generated in these two cases:
- Corrupt or damaged Outlook OST Files
- Sync issue in Exchange Server & OST file (Outlook Offline Storage Table)
There are so many problems that can occur in Outlook OST file i.e., maximum file size limit is predefined in all Outlook Versions. For instance, in Outlook 2000/ 2002 the file size limit is 2GB. In Outlook 2003/ 2007, the size limit is 20 GB. In any case, the OST file has reached its maximum size, MS Outlook users may face many problems on a daily basis to solve this error they have to reduce the size of OST file.
Fix Outlook “Internal Error Code=0000000E” Using Manual Approach
The interruption in synchronization process is a major reason for this Internal Error Code=0000000E error. With this error code, an Offline storage file may get influenced. This may lead to an inaccessible turning of Outlook data file for all the users. Implementing a manual procedure to fix OST file sync issue via inbuilt tool may sound a convenient process. The Scanost.exe is the free tool that can be inclined with Microsoft and it deals all of the synchronization errors faced by Outlook. This utility may check the OST data file and solve the synchronization related issues as well. It has very simple constraint that it is available only in Outlook 2010 versions and the latest editions. It just fixing the problems like minor ones that also for any inconsistency and integrity.
Method 1: Using Scanost.exe Tool
- First of all, Close MS Outlook application
- Navigate to the drive in which Scanost.exe file is located. If the location is unknown, perform Windows Search feature by entering scanost.exe in the given field.
- After finding the scanost.exe tool, double-click on it and then, open it.
- Now, select Properties button and choose Outlook option from the drop-down of Always use this profile option. Click OK button and proceed further.
- Select the particular file to be scanned from the Profile Name list. To Work in an Offline mode or may connect, Click on the Connect option.
- After that, Select the checkbox Repair Errors and let the utility perform it automatically and afterward, correct all the errors.
- Eventually, start the Scanning of files
Method 2: Rebuild Outlook OST File
Once the process is completed, OST Integrity Check tool, finds some error that is related to synchronization. In case synchronization problem exists, it indicates the clear message that the OST file has corrupted. In these circumstances, users have to remove the damaged .ost file and afterward, rebuild it.
Drawbacks of Scanost.exe (OST Integrity Check Tool)
1. The ScanOST.exe is commonly used to fix minor errors in an OST file.
2. If the server goes down, the ScanOST.exe tool cannot be used
3. The above procedure may not be used for resolving the major problems.
4.The severely corrupt or damaged OST files cannot be recovered via inbox repair tool.
5. Large OST files are difficult to repair in case of internal error code 0000000E.
6. The content of deleted mailbox cannot be retrieved using OST file repair.
7. The process to repair .ost file with inbuilt repair tool is very slow.
8. Repairing Outlook OST file using Scanost.exe utility may cause data loss
9. This free utility is not compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2010.
Note: The above-stated method is only applicable for MS Outlook 2007. If you are using any later versions of Outlook then you can use SCANPST.EXE utility.
In the above-mentioned blog, it is very clear that “Internal Error Code=0000000E in Outlook OST table” that cannot be repaired via the ScanOst.exe tool. For resolving this error, users need to take help of a reliable third party tool named as Outlook recovery. It is one of the best solutions that help to repair minor as well as major corruption with an ease.