Learn How to Import Contacts from Outlook into iPhone Within a Few Clicks
A step-by-step guide to import contacts from Outlook into iPhone 10, 8, 7, 6. The solution given here is applicable to export contacts from all versions of Windows and Mac Outlook.
In case if you use your Outlook Address Book a lot then, the thought to import Outlook contacts into iPhone might be overwhelming for you. Because that’s not as easy as it seems to be. Moreover, you can’t spend several hours to retype all your contact information to Outlook contact list.
Therefore, here is an easy solution to fix how to import contacts from Outlook into iPhone query. The solution given here is completely safe and it is highly recommended to follow the guidelines carefully to avoid any kind of data loss or contact fields mismatching issues.
How to Import Contacts From Outlook into iPhone ?
Since there’s no direct option to import / export address book data from Outlook into iPhone so, the complete import process is categorized into 3 major steps:
#Step 1: Export Contacts from Outlook
- Open MS Outlook and click on File >> Open&Export >> Import/Export
- Select Export to a file >> Next >> Comma Separated File (.csv) >> Next
- Highlight Contacts folder, select a destination location to save the output file and click Next
- Open Mac Outlook and click Outlook Contacts
- Click on File >> Export
- Choose Contact to a list (tab-delimited text) option and hit the right arrow
- Now, type a name for the resultant file, choose a destination location to save it and click Save >> Done
All your Outlook Contacts will get exported into a CSV file right after the moment and you may proceed to resolve how to import contacts from Outlook into iPhone issue.
#Step 2: Convert Exported Contacts to vCard
A Word of Caution: Exporting contacts to vCard from your MS Outlook account directly might lead you to permanent data loss and other issues like missing contact information, mismatched contact columns or wrong contact information. Therefore, it is recommended to export Outlook Contacts to CSV first and then proceed import contacts from Outlook into iPhone with the steps below.
- Download and launch Excel Contacts to vCard Converter
- Click on Browse button and add the contacts CSV you have exported above
- Preview CSV contacts and click Next
- Map CSV Contact fields with vCard Columns
- Select vCard v3.0 or v4.0 and check Allow to Import Empty Email Addresses, Create Single vCard file options. Click Next to get rid of how to import contacts from Outlook into iPhone problem
- Download and launch Mac CSV Contacts Converter tool
- Click on Add File(s) button and add the contacts CSV exported above
- Select VCF as export option and choose Mac vCard and vCard v3.0 or v4.0. Map CSV Contacts with vCard Contact Fields
- Browse a destination location and hit the Export button
Right after this, all the Outlook Contacts saved within the CSV will start converting into vCard file format and it is highly advised to not to interrupt the on-going process to accomplish how to import contacts from Outlook into iPhone.
#Step 3: Import Outlook Contacts to iPhone
- Compose a new email and attach the converted vCard
- Send the email to your iPhone account
- Open this mail on your iPhone and click on the attachment
- Select the Contact app to open this file
- After this, all the vCard contacts will get automatically synchronized with your iPhone Contact list
You can also use your iCloud account to import contacts from Outlook into iPhone if the iCloud account is properly configured with your iPhone. To do so, log in to iCloud and click Contacts >> Settings >> Import vCard
The day-by-day increasing craze of iPhone emerging queries like how to import contacts from Outlook into iPhone. Also, today everyone wants their crucial data on fingertips. Hence, in this tutorial, we have talked about a simple and efficient approach to import Outlook Contacts to iPhone. The solution is safe, easy, and non-tech-savvy people also can implement it.