Beginners Guide to Troubleshoot Lotus Notes Archive Error – Read It Now
Lotus Notes is one of the most popular email clients used in any business organizations. Now, it becomes a primary choice due to its functionality and security. Mostly, large organizations depend on IBM Notes so as to make use of services offered by Domino Server. In fact, this mail client provides high level security, it does not mean that it is completely free from errors.
However there are situations that can put the client in trouble. One such situation is when users try to access certain Lotus Notes NSF files. At that time, users may face this error message “Lotus Notes error you are not authorized to perform that operation archive.” Here, in this blog, we are going to discuss a manual solution to fix
“Authorized to Perform Operation Lotus Notes“. But, before moving further, let us know probable reasons behind the occurrence of Lotus Notes Archive error.
An Overview of Lotus Notes Archive Error
Everyone knows, Lotus Notes email saves all data in NSF format file. All the mailbox items of Lotus Notes containing emails, calendars, contacts, etc., are saved in NSF. IBM Notes consist an inbuilt feature named as Access Control List (ACL) where all the object permissions are listed.
Only admin owns the authority to assign rights to a local Lotus Notes user. Thus, users can access particular files once the permissions have been assigned to admin. When Lotus Notes users may encounter this error, it means they are not authorized by admin to access these files. To resolve this error, users must have access permission from an administrator account.
Note: In a large enterprise, users want to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Office 365 and Outlook. In that case, they can opt for an automated solution named Mail migration wizard.
Reasons For “Lotus Notes Archive You are not Authorized to Access that Database”
The main cause of Lotus Notes archive error is the absence of user’s authorisation. In this blog, we will discuss multiple aspects of this cause like lack of permission. Some of them are mentioned below:
- A specific user account does not exist in Domino Directory.
- The user account could be shifted to another Domino server.
- This error can also be triggered by admin account not having the correct permission to open email files. It is possible admin accounts may have access to a mailbox, but not all mailbox items due to the permission settings issue.
Consider the following scenario that will help to understand above reasons more clearly:
“I am having Lotus Notes and when I try to access a certain mailbox folder. I got this error message ‘Lotus Notes archive you are not authorized to perform that operation’ every time. Now, I am not able to figure out how to get rid of Lotus Notes archive error. If yes, then please suggest me a simple and efficient solution for the same.”
Manually Fix “Not Authorized to Perform Operation Lotus Notes” Error
Go through the following set of instructions by which users can resolve Lotus Notes Archive Error You are not Authorized to Access that Database. Please have a look:
Step 1. First of all, make sure your account that exists in the Domino directory.
Step 2. Perform the steps below if you get user-facing error which is situated in Domino server different from the admin account:
- Create a new admin account on same Domino Server where user account is situated.
- Permit Manager access to email files to a new admin account by enabling all permissions clearly.
- Now, you can easily export using a new admin account of IBM Lotus Notes
Step 3. Check the correct permissions that are granted to admin account, follow the steps below:
- Find out and check if an administrator account is capable of opening email files.
- Check if error occurs while attempting to open email file directory directly. In this case, explicitly grant admin account the Manager access to the mail file. Also, enable full permission to fix “Lotus Notes error you are not authorized to perform that operation archive.”
When any kind of error has occurred in the user’s system, then it becomes very difficult for users to work with it. The most common issue faced by the user is ‘Lotus Notes Archive and You are not Authorized to Access that Database ’. Thus, to fix this problem, we have covered different techniques to resolve this error in the above section. Make sure you follow each step very carefully.