Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder – A Step-by-Step Guide
Have you ever come across an instance to extract Outlook attachments to a folder? Undergoing cumbersome time in search for an appropriate solution to bulk save attachments from Outlook emails? If so, then without any doubt simply go through this blog. Here I have elaborated a result-oriented approach that will easily meet all your needs.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the preferred choices by the users that offer a wide range of mesmerizing features to ease business communication. It is majorly used by both small-scale and large-scale organizations to manage the daily work chores seamlessly. Within the email message, users can attach innumerable files irrespective of the file format.
Now, it becomes a crucial task to extract outlook attachments to a folder, when there are numerous emails with multiple attachments. As manual extraction is not a feasible approach, users need to use some apt solution for the same. Here in this blog, we have come up with the most effective and best tactics to download Outlook attachments in a hassle-free way.
Topics to be Covered:
Let Us Understand the Need to Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder via a User Query
“My Outlook application is configured with Gmail account to ease my work as both are under single platform. However, extracting email attachments from Outlook is a tiresome task, which consumes my valuable time. Please help me know if there are any feasible solution to extract Outlook attachments to a folder.”
“My PST file got corrupted due to abruptly shutting down the application. Soon after that, using Inbox Repair Tool, the issue got fixed and a BAK file was generated after the repair was done.
Now, I am in serious trouble as I need to access the attachments out of the BAK files. In addition to that, the attachments are quite confidential, hence I also need to extract the same. Is there any solution to extract all attachments from BAK files?”
Are you looking for a risk-free and instant solution to save all Outlook attachments to a folder in one go? Read on further!
Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder – An All-Rounder Solution!
With the Outlook Attachment Extractor tool, users can effectively extract Outlook attachments to a folder. It is the best alternative to the tedious manual method as it let users save attachments from multiple PST files in one go.
The software got updated recently wherein the latest v4.0 renders the best set of features that enables to extract Outlook attachments to a folder. It is integrated with advanced features in which one can efficiently save attachments from PST, OST & BAK files. Additionally, it permits users to extract Outlook attachments not only from emails but also from other mailbox items like contacts, calendars, tasks, etc.
This robust software offers varied advanced filters which include the option to remove selective attachments using the date filter option. Besides this, it includes size filter, naming conventions, include/exclude attachments, etc. It is designed in a manner to support Outlook files i.e., PST, OST, and BAK of any file size to save attachments.
How Does the Tool Perform to Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder?
Following are the steps to seamlessly save all Outlook data file attachments to the local folder.
Software for Windows OS Users
4 Simple Steps to extract attachments from Outlook:
- Step 1: Click “Add Files” and add multiple Outlook PST files.
- Step 2: Select “Destination Folder” after Outlook files are processed.
- Step 3: Apply extract filters & Naming Convention for attachments.
- Step 4: Click “Extract” to start extracting Outlook attachments.
Note: – Below listed steps are for Windows OS users.
Step 1: To begin with, download and launch the software on the Windows machine
Step 2: Now, add your Outlook files i.e., PST/OST/BAK file using Add File (s) or Add Folder option
Step 3: According to one’s requirement, you can avail the desired option i.e., to extract attachment from all folders or only selected folders. Additionally, one can exclude attachments extraction from deleted items and junk folders.
Step 4: Under Filter wizard, make use of different customized options as shown in the below image. This includes an option to remove attachments from selective data items, a date filter option, etc.
Step 5: After that, click Extract to save Outlook email attachments to the local folder
Step 6: Finally, at the destination location the extracted Outlook data file attachments will be saved
Software for Mac OS Users
Manual Method to Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder
Technique #1: Save All Outlook Attachments to a Folder
- Launch MS Outlook and select the desired emails to bulk save attachments from multiple Outlook emails
- Right-click the chosen emails>> choose to Save All Attachments>> hit the OK button
- Then, specify the location wherein you need to save Outlook attachments to the local folder
- After which, you can see the attachments have been removed from PST to the folder
Technique #2: Extract Outlook Attachments to a Folder Via VBA
- From MS Outlook, click Alt+F11 keys to launch VBA
- Make sure to import VBA Macro from the below-given link to download Outlook attachments:
- Once the VBA Editor is launched, go to File>>Import File>> import the saved mAttachmentSaver.bas file>> click Open
- Now, go back to MS Outlook and select the emails from which the attachments need to be extracted
- Users must ensure to enable all macros and hit Alt+F8 keys to begin extraction
- Choose ExecuteSaving>> Run>> Browse For Folder option to bulk save attachments from multiple Outlook emails
- Then, specify the location to save extracted Outlook attachments to a folder
In order to extract Outlook attachments to a folder, this blog describes both the manual and automated solutions for the same. However, the manual method consumes a lot of time due to its tricky steps. Also, it requires adequate technical expertise to implement the manual steps. Due to all these downsides, we always suggest users use the apt automated solution as mentioned in this post.
Listed are Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
- How to download all attachments from the OST file?
Users can completely rely on the all-rounder Outlook Attachment Extractor software. With this utility, it lets you extract Outlook attachments to the desktop from PST, OST, and BAK files seamlessly.
- Any suitable approach to extract only some particular attachment file type?
Yes. This efficient software provides a futuristic option i.e., include/exclude attachments. As a result, one can easily save attachments as per the mentioned file type.
- Is it possible to extract all Outlook attachments from different mailbox items?
Yes. The software helps not only to detach attachments from email data items but also other mailbox items. This includes contacts, calendars, tasks, and journal data items.