Extract Email Addresses From Mail Folders in Outlook | Free Solution
Outlook is widely known for its simple and straightforward GUI and that is why it has this many userbases. Now, if you are the users of Outlooknad wondering how to extract email addresses from Outlook, then hold on.
Here in the blog, you will learn the process of extracting emails address from Outlook mailbox, what it means, and why users looking for this solution.
Well, this is not a hypothetical situation we found many users seeking a solution. Here is a real-life user query that is asked by genuine Outlook users.
The above user query screenshot is taken from Microsoft Community and this is not the single one we have found many like this on various forums and community sites.
Well, now we know it is real problem but the question is why users want this extraction process.
Extract Email Addresses from Outlook – Reasons
Here in this blog, we will discuss the reasons that force users to the above address extraction process from Outlook.
- The very first reason is for sharing the contacts with colleagues or someone other.
- To create a backup of the contacts list for future use.
- If users migrate from Outlook to some other email application.
Now, after knowing everything about the query it’s time to move toward the solution part and learn how to complete this extraction process of the Outlook email address from Outlook.
How to Extract Email Addresses From Mail Folders in Outlook
Here in this section, we are going to disclose the free method to complete this task. Yes, you read it right there is a free method available, and using this you can really export all the email addresses from the Outlook mail folder.
So, without ado let’s roll into the step section!
1. First, open the Outlook application on your system.
2. Now, click on the File option from the top Menu Bar.
3. After this click on the File and then choose the Open & Export >> Import/Export option.
For Outlook 2007
File >> Import and Export
For Outlook 2010
File >> Open >> Import
For Outlook 2013 and Above
File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export
4. After that choose the Export to a File option from the Import and Export Wizard and click on the Next button.
5. From Export to a File window choose Comma Separated Values >> Next.
Note: In Outlook 2007 and 2010 there is an alternative to select the Comma Separated Values (Windows), Microsoft Access 97-2003, or Microsoft Excel 97-2003.
6. Now, select the Inbox folder to extract email addresses from Outlook.
7. Click on the Browse button to save the extracted email addresses.
8. Enter the File Name and click on the OK button.
9. From teh next window click on the Map Custome Fields option
10. Now. Map the Custome Fields according to the fields given.
11. Once the mapping is complete click on the Finish button to complete the task.
After the extraction process is completed go to the saving location to and open the CSV file in Excel to see all the email addresses.
There is no doubt the above manual possess is amazing and capable to extract email addresses from the Outlook mail folder but the process has some limitations and in the upcoming section will discuss them.
Limitation of the Manual Method
As we said for the above method. the above process is totally free and you do not have to pay a single penny. But it will take time which is more precocious than money. Now along with the time consuming the process has some more limitations such as:
- Users can have only one file format which is CSV for saving the resultant file.
- Also, users have to go with the mapping process is quite a complicated task to do.
- There is a chance that you will face a loss of metadata or contacts fields.
Now, the question is how to complete the thai task without any limitations in the minimal time span. So if you are eager to know the right solution then keep reading the blog.
Prime Method to Extract Email Addresses From Outlook
As we saw that the above method is quite challenging and has limitations so to overcome these challenges and limitations, here in this blog we are going to introduce an automated tool that can easily help you to extract email addresses from mail folders in Outlook.
Try Outlook Email Address Extractor utility, this tool comes with features to extract emails address from Outlook default storage, PST, OST BAK, and MSG files. And gives you the option to extract the email addresses from PST, CSV, VCF, TXT, PDF, and HTML. One of the amazing features of this tool is that users can extract email addresses from corrupted Outlook data files.
Working of the Tool
1. Start with the downloading process and once the download is over start, install the tool.
2. Select the Default Storage option to add the PST file.
3. Choose the destination location to save the resultant file.
4. Select the folder and choose the Properties.
5. Opt for the Export Option as per your requirements.
7. At last click on the Extract button to complete the task.
Whatever is the reason for your Outlook email addresses extraction if you are looking for a solution then, then the above-written blog is perfect for you. In the above blog, we have discussed two right approaches of extract email addresses from Outlook. Now it is up to you to choose the right method for you.
How to extract email addresses from mail folder and save as contacts in outlook?
And: – Well in the above write we have discussed the whole process to extract email addresses from the mail folder. So, go through the blog and choose the VCF option while selecting the export option and once you have done with the extraction, then use Outlook Import/Export option to save the email addresses as a contact in Outlook.