How to Extract Attachments from EML Files? Learn the best Methods
Summary: You may need to extract attachments from EML files for some reason and in this article, we are going to explain the working of extracting the attachments.
EML is the file extension for electronic mails which consists of a single message file. An EML contains header info, attachments, URLs, etc. It is quite a versatile file format that is used by multiple platforms such as Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, The Bat, etc.
Extracting attachments from EML can serve you in many ways. It becomes easier to work with them as you can now search, edit, open them. Also, after you edit and change the attachments’ names, the original files remain intact.
User Query: Hi, I have received over a hundred EML files that contain our client queries in attachment form. I am unable to figure out to use this attachment data. Is there any easy and smart way that can help me access the attachment from all the files easily?
How to Extract Attachments from EML Files?
There is no such manual method that can help you extract the attachments. Manual processes always pose a threat to the integrity of your source data and hence aren’t much recommended. Hence, choosing the EML Extractor tool is the only way out. There are several advantages of opting for this solution such as:
- Extract attachments and save them to the local folder
- Performs attachment extraction from multiple folders
- Option to apply multiple naming conventions
- Apply date filter to extract within a date range
- Extract attachments from EML from all email clients
- Save attachments from EML in batch mode
- Maintains the data integrity and security
- Provides a free demo version for trial
Steps for Extracting Attachments from EML Files
- Launch EML Attachment Extractor software on your system and install it.
- Click on Add Files or Folder to browse and load the source files in the tool.
- Next, you must choose if you want to maintain the folder hierarchy or not.
- Click on Next. In the following screen, apply the date filter.
- Apply file size, file type, and naming convention. Then, hit on the Extract button.
- The procedure begins and the extracted attachments get scored in a local folder.
Related: Convert Multiple EML Files to PDF
In this article, we have discussed how to extract attachments from EML files. The above-written content deals with the best ways that one can use to execute the process. The software recommended is a safe deal as it protects your source file data from getting corrupted during the extraction process. You can go for its free trial version and try it’s working for you.