Export SQL Server Data to SQL File Script – Step By Step Guide
SQL Server Management Studio gives the ability to produce scripts for making databases, tables, stored procedures, functions, views, and inserting data. This strategy can be used to send table structures as well as data to Scribe Support for testing purposes.
Most of the SQL database administrators feel not comfortable with .bak files that are created by the export backup alternative of SQL Server, in any event for not all that large-size databases. Hence, you may need to export databases in the script configuration (.sql). In any case, attempting to export SQL data to SQL script might be a cerebral pain for certain individuals that are not so familiar with the SQL Server Management Studio.
Consequently, in this blog, we will talk about how we can export SQL Server database to SQL file. But before continuing further let us take a look at a client query.
“I am a user of SQL Server Management Studio and have a database object to export. Actually, I need to relocate to an alternate DB server. So, is there any way to export SQL Server database to SQL file?“
Manual Way to Export SQL Server Database to SQL File
Now, in order to proceed to export SQL Server data to SQL script, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open SSMS and connect to the Server in order to export data from SQL server to SQL script.
2. Now right-click on the database you want to export.
3. Click on the Tasks >> Generate Scripts.
4. Click on the “Next” button.
5. Here, choose the objects you want to export and click on the “Next” option.
6. Customize the desired scripting save and advanced option as per need and click on the “Next”.
7. Now, on the Summary Screen, review the selection you selected to export.
8. Finally, when the database will export successfully, click on the “Finish” button.
Expert Solution to Export SQL Server Data to SQL Script
Now, by using these manual steps you will be able to export SQL Server database to SQL file. It is recommended to use an automated tool to export SQL Server database to SQL file. To do so, the best tool is SQL Database Migrator . This tool has the ability to export SQL Server data to .sql script. Moreover, this tool has a very good interface so that anyone can easily use this tool. This software supports Microsoft SQL Server 2019 and its below version.
- Download and Launch the Software, and click on Open.
2. To select the MDF file/ database either choose “Online” if its on Live SQL Server, or choose “Offline” (even if your file in your computer system) . Provide details and then, click OK.
3. Now Preview the entire SQL database components such as Table, Stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, etc. After that click on the Export button.
4. After that Select the Option Export as SQL Server Compatible scripts. As per need, select the database objects to export and then click on Save.
5. Browse the destination where you want to export the SQL script.
Also Read: The user can also read this post SQL Query to find deleted records in SQL Server.
Although, sometimes clients need to export the SQL Server database to SQL file. So, in this blog, we have discussed how to export SQL Server data to SQL Script using SSMS. Moreover, sometimes because of server compatible issues or some other issue, the users could not be able to perform the task. Moreover, this tool can also repair corrupted or damaged MDF database files.