Summary: Are you hunting for a solution to export SQL Server database to SQL file. If Yes, then read this blog we have discussed the step by step procedure to perform this task.
SQL Server Management Studio gives the ability to produce scripts for making databases, tables, stored procedures, functions, views, and inserting data. This strategy can be used to send table structures as well as data to Scribe Support for testing purposes.
Most of the SQL database administrators feel not comfortable with .bak files that are created by the export backup alternative of SQL Server, in any event for not all that large-size databases. Hence, you may need to export databases in the script configuration (.sql). In any case, attempting to export it in this format might be a cerebral pain for certain individuals that are not so familiar with the SQL Server Management Studio.
Consequently, in this blog, we will talk about how we can export SQL Server database to SQL file. But before continuing further let us take a look at a client query.
“I am a user of SQL Server Management Studio and have a database object to export. Actually, I need to relocate to an alternate DB server. So, is there any way to export SQL Server database to SQL file?“
Note: In case if you are looking for an urgent solution to export SQL Server data to SQL script then the user can download the automated solution to perform this task. This software supports Microsoft SQL Server 2019 and its below version.
Manual Way to Export SQL Server Database to SQL File
Now, in order to proceed to export SQL Server data to SQL script, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1.Open SSMS and connect to the Server.
2. Now right-click on the database you want to export.
3. Click on the Tasks >> Generate Scripts.
4. Click on the “Next” button.
5. Here, choose the objects you want to export and click on the “Next” option.
6. Customize the desired scripting save and advanced option as per need and click on the “Next”.
7. Now, on the Summary Screen, review the selection you selected to export.
8. Finally, when the database will export successfully, click on the “Finish” button.
Expert Solution toExport SQL Server Data to SQL Script
Now, by using these manual steps you will be able to export SQL Server database to SQL file. But, if your SQL database is corrupted or if you are unable to access the database, then it is recommended using an automated tool to export SQL Server database to SQL file. To do so, the best tool is Emaildoctor Recover SQL Database This tool has the ability to export SQL Server data to SQL script. Moreover, this tool has a very good interface so that anyone can easily use this tool
Download and and Launch the Software, and click on Open.
2. Select the MDF file from your system, Also choose the Advanced Scan mode and database version.
3. Now Preview the entire SQL database components such as Table, Stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, etc. After that click on the Export button to export the SQL Server database to SQL file.
4. After that Select the Option Export as SQL Server Compatible scripts.
5. As per need, select the database objects to export.
6. Browse the destination where you want to export the SQL script.
7. Finally, your SQL script should export successfully at the selected location.
Although, sometimes clients need to export the SQL Server database to SQL file. So, in this blog, we have discussed how to export SQL Server data to SQL Script using SSMS. Moreover, sometimes because of server compatible issues or some other issue, the users could not be able to perform the task. So, at this time, the best option is using Emaildoctor SQL Recovery tool to export SQL Server data to SQL script. Moreover, this tool can also repair corrupted or damaged MDF database files.