Ways to Export Exchange Server Offline Data File
Summary: In this article, we are going to shed some light on the topic of how to export Exchange server offline data OST to Outlook data file format. The user can try the below-discussed methods. In case if you are facing any issues, then take the help of Expert Solution.
Every Exchange Administrator who wishes to export Exchange OST to PST file format as a result of hardware or system failure, synchronization error (that happens during synchronization of OST file in your framework with Exchange Server in your association), the irregular shutdown of MS Outlook, server crash because of virus or server breakdown, or some other reasons.
Important Note: If you are looking for an urgent solution to export Exchange Server OST file data to Outlook then take the help of Emaildoctor OST file Conversion Tool. This helps to export the mailbox data easily. This Can also export IMAP / Exchange / Office 365 Configured OST file to Outlook PST format. After saving the data in Outlook-compatible PST format. The user can easily import the resultant PST file in Outlook Application.
We have found valuable techniques that can apply to change the OST file extension effectively. These techniques have been clarified in the underneath sections.
Methods to Export Exchange Server Offline Data to Outlook
Strategy 1: Using Outlook Import/Export wizard
Using the Outlook Import or Export wizard strategy will permit you to export data from offline OST files. It will likewise permit you to spare the export data into CSV and Excel groups. To do as such, follow the means referenced below:
- Execute MS Outlook on your framework.
- Select the File tab and afterward ‘Open & Export’.
- Open the window and click on Import/Export.
- ‘Import and Export Wizard’ select Export to a File and afterward click on the Next tab.
- In Export to a File, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) from Create a file of type.
- Now, select the folder to export from, check to include subfolders, and afterward click for the Next.
- Finally, click on the Browse tab to save the export PST file at the ideal location, and afterward click on the Finish tab.
Important Note: This method will work if Exchange and OST are perfectly synchronized. In case if you are facing any issues in performing Export Exchange Server Offline Data File by using manual methods then take the help of Expert Solution.
Strategy 2: Archiving Option
File archives in Outlook can be utilized to export mailbox items to Outlook data files. But, exporting mailbox data by this method doesn’t permit archiving Contacts. The means associated with this procedure are as per the following:
- Execute the MS Outlook application.
- Click on the File tab and click on the Cleanup Tools and afterward on the Archive option.
- Now, ensure that Archive this folder and all subfolders alternative is chosen.
- Now, select the folder that you wish to move to PST.
- Next, in the Archiving items older than‘ box, give a suitable date starting from the drop menu and press the OK tab.
- Finally, all the items that were received until the given date will be archived.
Strategy 3: Drag and drop Items to The New PST File
This technique is another way that can be utilized to move mailbox items. To do as such, follow the means referenced below:
- Run the MS Outlook application.
- Create another PST file in your Outlook.
- Drag all the mailbox items which you need to export to the recently made clear PST file.
Strategy 4: Using a Third-Party Conversion Tool
Utilizing an outsider tool is another simple route by which you can export Exchange Server Offline file data into PST files. For example, in the event that the above notice manual techniques are not working, at that point, you can utilize the Emaildcotor OST to PST Converter tool. This application can easily export Exchange Server offline Data files to Outlook PST format. Moreover, the software has easy to use and Simple Graphic user interface so that novice or Non-technical users can easily use this software.
Steps to Export Exchange Server Data to Outlook
Step1. Install and Run the Software to Convert OST files to PST format on your machine and click on Add file.
Step2. Select the OST file from your computer.
Step3. Now choose the Scan Mode from Quick and Advanced Scan.
Step4. Preview the OST mailbox (Emails, Contacts, Calendar data) items.
Step5. Click on the Export button and choose the Outlook PST format.
Note: The user can also read another similar post to know How to recover data for MS Exchange OST Files.
You are currently all-around educated about the strategies utilizing which you can export Exchange Server offline data to Outlook PST file format. The user can try the manual strategies but in case you are facing trouble then take the help of Expert Solution.