Convert Outlook CSV to VCF – Perform Direct Conversion with Pro Method
Are you also sick and tired of unsuccessful methods to convert Outlook CSV to VCF? Want a useful way out to perform the conversion procedure without any failure or risk to the data? Don’t worry, here you will find the perfect solutions to perform the required task as simply as possible.
CSV format is generally used to store contacts, tables, etc. since the data is saved in columns and rows which is quite easy for people to understand. Although, there are times when you might need to convert Outlook contacts from CSV to vCard.
This needs to be done in order to use or access the contacts in mobile phones, Gmail, Thunderbird, etc. that do not support CSV files. VCF or vCard is a file format that stores contacts and their details such as contact name, image, address, email address, number, URL’s etc. It is also supported by various email clients as mentioned and cloud services.
Not many people know how to perform the conversion process. Let’s take a look at the methods to do so.
What Methods are Useful to Convert Outlook CSV to VCF?
The most helpful methods for the operation are as mentioned below:
In the first method, which is the manual solution, there are two steps that a user needs to follow since there are no direct native ways to perform the task. First, you will have to save the contacts from .csv file and then export the same to vCard file.
The second method will directly convert the files for you in VCF format to make it an easy and time-saving task. Let’s take a look at the working of both the procedures.
Manual Method to Convert Outlook Contacts from CSV to VCF
Here, the process is divided in two parts, learn the procedure as given below:
Part 1 – Import Contacts from CSV
1. Click on the Windows Icon and search for Contacts.
2. Open contacts window and select the Import tab.
3. Now, choose CSV format as the export type and hit Import.
4. Then, browse for the contacts you want to export and press Next.
5. Complete the process by clicking on the Finish button.
Once you have exported the contacts from CSV file, you should now convert the same to .vcf format.
Understand the method to convert Outlook CSV to VCF by following the steps as given in the next section.
Part 2 – Export Resultant Files to VCF Format
1. From the same Contacts Window, choose the Export option.
2. Here, select the vCard (folder of .vcf files) option and click on the Export button.
3. Navigate to the folder where you had saved the CSV files.
4. Choose a destination location or create a new folder to save the converted files at.
5. Hit Finish and all your files will be exported as VCF format.
Now, there are a few short-comings of this method as explained in the following part:
1. The manual method saves a single vCard file for each contact which is a little difficult to manage when it comes to a huge amount of contacts, say thousands.
2. This way out requires the users to have a lot of time that they can invest in this process since it is not a direct method.
3. To perform this method, you should have some knowledge in the technical arena as well as a good hand on the system that you are using.
Pro-Tip to Convert Outlook CSV to VCF
If you do not want to waste any time on the manual procedure, or do not have much knowledge about the system you are working on, or need to create a single vCard file for all the contacts, go for the Excel to vCard Converter Tool.
This software is designed with algorithms that will help you export all the details from the CSV file including the name, email address, number, etc. There is an option to export the data in 3 versions of vCard i.e. v2.1, v3.0, and v4.0 (latest version).
In addition to that, the software allows users to map the CSV attributes along with the vCard attributes to export all the attributes successfully.
What Are the Performance Instructions of the Software for Conversion?
Follow the steps as mentioned to convert Outlook CSV to VCF using the tool:
1. Run the software on your Windows OS desktop and click on the Browse button to choose the files for conversion.
2. Select the files and choose the Open button to add them to the software panel. Hit Next and jump to the next step.
3. Set the order in the Excel Fields on the left side of the window. Make sure the vCard Fields are also the same by picking the fields in the same order and hit Next.
4. Mark the Allow Empty Email Address to be Imported option and Create a single vCard file for all contacts option if so required. Choose the vCard version.
5. Click on the Change button to set a destination path, select Make New Folder option and hit OK.
6. Finally, press the Convert button to finish up with the process for conversion.
This is the process to convert Outlook contacts from CSV to VCF in the easiest way possible. For this method, you do not require having any type of technical expertise or knowledge.
Few Last Lines
There are a lot of users out there who are looking for a solution to perform the conversion method. As there are no direct methods, users have been in a ton of stress regarding the process. Now, you can either choose to perform this operation in two parts and waste a lot of time, or go for the software that can help your convert the data in no time.
The manual method has one major drawback that it creates vCard for each contact that you are exporting making it hard to manage. You can get over this situation by using the software to convert Outlook CSV to VCF and create a single file for all the contacts you import.