Changing the Document: Not Allowed – Allow it Easily
Have you encountered the “changing the document not allowed” prompt on PDF file? Fret not! Dive into this easy-to-follow guide and explore diverse methods to allow changing the document.
Table of Contents:
Set Changing the Document: Not Allowed to Allowed
Adobe PDF files come equipped with robust security settings. However, these can sometimes be a hindrance when users wish to make modifications or append a signature. The solutions for this are tools and techniques designed to change the “Changing the Document: Not Allowed” to Allowed.
Ist Method – Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is the paid version of Adobe software family. It has features tailored with superior capabilities for professional use. With the help of this tool, users can modify the security settings of the PDF file. Whether users wish to set Changing the Document to Not Allowed or Allowed, they can do so with the help of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Open the PDF document in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- After that, click on File >> Properties.
- Then, go to the Security tab to view the document restrictions.
- If Changing the Document shows as Not Allowed, users will need a password to adjust the settings.
- Once inputted, choose the No Security option in the Security Method dropdown.
- Press OK and save all the changes by clicking on File >> Save.
- Finally, check the properties again and users will see that changing the document is now allowed.
IInd Method – Professional Tool
- Download and fire up the product on your system.
- Click Add Filesand then select your file.
- Change the document destination location.
- Press Unlock.
- Once processed, open the now accessible PDF in any editor to make changes.
IIIrd Method – Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit PDF Editor offers both viewing and editing capabilities to users. It is a third-party PDF editor that provides an all-in-one solution to manage and edit PDF documents. It also provides a way to lock and remove restrictions from PDF files. Whether it is changing the document or other permissions, Foxit can change PDF security settings as per users’ requirements.
- Open the restricted PDF in Foxit PDF Editor.
- Navigate to File >> Preferences >> Security.
- Check the settings. If editing is restricted, it will indicate changing the document is not allowed.
- Select No Protection and remove the permissions with a password.
- Save the document and it should be ready for changes.
There are times when the security properties will show that Changing the document is Not Allowed and there is no option to change the settings.
In such cases, the file may have a digital signature protecting it. In this case, simply go to File >> Print and save the document as a new PDF file. This file will have no such digital signature and users can make changes to the PDF without any issues.
The “changing the document not allowed” hindrance is not the end of the road. As long as the user has the right tool, they can change this setting and make changes to the file with ease. This article provides solutions to do so using Adobe, a professional tool and Foxit.
Q) Why do some PDF files restrict changing?
It is mostly for security reasons. Some creators limit changes to ensure content remains unaltered and maintains its original intent.
Q) If I change the settings, will it diminish the PDF quality?
No, unlocking typically retains the original quality. However, always save a backup before making changes.
Q) Which is the most effective among the mentioned methods?
It depends on the software that the user has. If he already has Adobe Acrobat or Foxit, then simply opt for the corresponding method. But, if the user does not have any of the mentioned software, then it is better to opt for the professional tool. Since it is easy to use, light on the budget and does not require password to make the changes.