How to Migrate Zoho Mail to Google Workspace? Best Solutions
Zoho Corporation is an Indian technology company that provides various web-based services and computer software tools. It is well known for the Zoho Office Suite which offers services for spreadsheets, presentations, note-taking, invoicing, and many other things. Still, many people want to migrate to other services like Google Workspace for better features and facilities. Therefore, in this article, we will provide you with the easy and best solutions to migrate Zoho mail to Google Workspace.
Table of Contents:
Why Transfer Zoho to Google Workspace?
Google Workspace, which was earlier known as G Suite, is a collection of various services like Gmail, Contacts, Calendar, Meet, etc. to enhance the collaboration and productivity of its users. There are many reasons why users want to migrate Zoho mail to Google Workspace, so let us see a few of them.
- Gmail provides various features and filters that help in better management of user’s emails easily, which can not be done using Zoho mail.
- It enhances the productivity of the users as it provides multiple collaboration tools like Calendar, Contacts, Drive, Sheets, etc.
- It has a user-friendly interface with tools like Meet, Chat, etc. that enhance communication among its users.
Hence, let us understand the different solutions following which users can easily transfer Zoho to Google Workspace.
Manual Solution to Migrate Zoho Mail to Google Workspace
- Open the Zoho mail sign-in page on your web browser and then login using your credentials.
- Click on “Settings” (gear icon) in the top right corner and then go to the “Email Forwarding and POP/IMAP” option.
- Go to the section of “IMAP Access” and then select the option representing “Enable IMAP”.
- Now, open the “Gmail” page in your web browser, go to “Settings” and then open the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- From the “Send mail as” section click on the link representing “Add another email address”.
- Enter your “Zoho email ID” and in the next window enter the required details.
- Click on the “Add Account” button and then click on the confirmation link sent to your Zoho mail account.
- Go to the section of “Email Forwarding and POP/IMAP” and then click on the option “Add email address”.
- Next, enter the “confirmation code” sent on your Zoho mail to start the migration process to Google Workspace.
The manual method to migrate Zoho mail to Google Workspace is a very lengthy and complicated process and thus has a very high chances of data loss. Therefore, we have discussed an alternate and better solution to migrate from Zoho mail to G Suite in the next section.
Professional Solution to Transfer Zoho to Google Workspace
The manual solution to transfer Zoho emails is a very lengthy and time consuming process with a high risk of data loss thus, the best solution to migrate Zoho mail to Google Workspace in a secure and easy way is with the help of the professional Cloud Migration Tool. This tool allows users to transfer mailboxes with attachments from multiple IMAP servers simultaneously in bulk mode.
Step by Step Method to Migrate Zoho Mail to Google Workspace
Now, let us have a look at the steps that you need to follow so that you can easily transfer Zoho to Google Workspace.
- Open the professional tool on your system and from the “Setup” screen select “IMAP” as source and “G Suite” as the destination.
- From the “Workload Selection” enable the checkbox representing “Email” and “Date Filter” to backup only selective emails.
- Go to the “Source” screen, from the “IMAP Server” list choose the “Other” option and enter the “IMAP Server URL” and “Port Number”.
- In the “Destination” screen enter all the required destination details and then click on the “Validate” button.
- From the “Users” screen import the CSV file of the users from the two available options.
- Now, add the “Source App Password” of the accounts from where you want to migrate and then click on the “Validate” button at the top right side.
- Click on the “Start Migration” button on the top right side of the screen to start the migration process successfully.
Why Use Professional Tool to Migrate Zoho to Google Workspace?
The manual method has a lot of challenges for the users, thus users should go for the professional migration tool with a lot of features that are beneficial for users who want to migrate Zoho mail to Google Workspace, let us have a look at a few of them.
- Migrate multiple mailboxes from various IMAP servers simultaneously in bulk mode while maintaining the original folder hierarchy and structure.
- Use the Delta Migration feature to transfer only the new data from the selected source and avoid any form of data duplication.
- Migrate only selected emails from the IMAP server with the help of the Date Filter by specifying the from and to date.
- Users can stop the migration process or retry the failed items which is a great help to ensure zero data loss without starting with the migration process all over again.
Emails contain a lot of important data of the users and thus, they need to be very careful especially if migrating to some other platform. The manual solution to migrate Zoho mail to Google Workspace may not be an ideal solution for users because of the high risk of data loss associated with it. Therefore, the best solution to do that is with the help of the professional tool mentioned above in the article to migrate all your emails with attachments in an easy and secure way.