How to Search Emails in Outlook? Complete Guide
Search Emails in Outlook: When you get hundreds of emails daily, it might be not easy to maintain all emails in your inbox. What should one do when you are aware that you need to locate a particular email. But have hundreds of others to go through first?
The answer is straightforward: – searches. Many email services, including Microsoft Outlook, have a function that enables you to search for keywords inside your email inbox to identify emails that are relevant to a certain subject.
In this write-up, I will show you how to search emails in the Outlook application using manual and professional methods.
Unable to Find Emails in Outlook – Manual Methods
- Open the Outlook email client on your machine.
- Now you will see the search bar (Advanced Search) on the top of Outlook.
- Next, search the keyword in the search box, and hit the “Magnifying Glass” to start the searching.
- Lastly, check all the emails, and select the required email.
If you want to search specific emails, then hit the “Outlook Advanced Search Option” where you can search specific emails via date, subject, body, attachments, etc. The next paragraph will explain how you can search emails in Outlook using different search commands in Outlook using Advanced Search.
- Find Emails in Outlook by Keyword: – Just put the related body keyword in the search box and hit the search icon. Now all the emails will show, which contain the same keywords. Also, you can use these commands to find specific email examples: – “body: email” for search attachment enter “attachment: email”.
- Search Emails in Outlook using Date Filter: – Also users can search the result using the date filter, put the command into the search box at hit the search button like “received: Today” (you can replace today with Monday, Wednesday, or with any other data) for specific date use “received:<=04/25/2022” (change date as per your requirement)
- Search Outlook Emails using Sender ID and Subject: – Some we can’t remember the date or the keyword (Content). Don’t worry, Outlook allows users to search emails via subject and sender id like:
Via sender ID: – from sender name or email id and for advanced “From:sender name hasattachments:yes received:last week” use this command.
Via Subject: – subject:importance or subject:importance document
- Find emails via Name: If you want to search emails via the recipient’s name use this command in the search box “to recipient name”.
This manual method is the best and most straightforward for those users who have an Outlook application. But Sometimes situations come when we face different kinds of situations, which force us to be dependent on third-party tools, like:
In this kind of situation, users should take third-party tools. in the next paragraph. We will show you one of the best solutions which helps you to search data with the installation of the Outlook email client.
Free Solution to Search Emails in Outlook
One of the best and highly recommended solutions is PST Viewer Pro to open PST files without MS Outlook. The software has many advanced features and capabilities like the tool providing advanced search options. That allows users to find specific emails. Not only this, the software allows saving the required result into different file formats like PDF.
The software provides an advanced filter option to search specific emails via date, too, subject, etc. Some of the advanced features are mentioned below:
Primary and Superior Features and Capabilities
- The software can find data from all the data including emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, etc.
- This software provides an advanced search option to find specific emails via date, too, from, subject, etc.
- The tool provides different kinds of criteria to search emails like you can find mail by header information (Bcc, Cc, To, From, Date, Subject), etc and Calendar: Body, Subject, End, Start, Location, and Importance, for attachments: File Extension and Name.
- After searching specific emails, users can save the required emails into different formats like PDF format. This advanced search feature is specially created for forensics investigators.
- Also, the tool enables users to search specific and required emails without installing Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and all previous versions.
Steps to Search Emails in the Outlook Application
- Download and run the software on your machine.
- Now upload the Outlook data file using “Add Files” and here select files or folders as per your choice.
- Next, all the files and folders will show on the screen, and choose the required folders and subfolders.
- Now if you want to search specific emails then hit the search icon and find specific emails via date, too, from, etc.
- After that, hit the “Export” icon to export searched emails in PDF format.
Important Note: The software comes with a free demo version which allows users to access emails. If they want to search emails in Outlook and want to save the emails in other formats. Then purchase the advance version of the tool.
Some situations come when we want to search emails in Outlook, but we don’t know how to do it. Because using Outlook is familiar it’s not an essay. In this method, we mentioned both manual and professional solutions to find and search emails in Outlook. The professional solution has many advanced filter options including advanced search options. So, without wasting time on the manual method. Go and use the free version of the tool.