How to Repair Corrupted VHD File – Know Step by Step Solution
This article is summarized simply as any powerful method for the solution on how to repair corrupted VHD file. Many users search for how to repair damaged vhd file. Therefore, in this writeup, we will describe a typical and simple workaround to execute the task. Firstly we are mentioning user’s queries that are mentioned on the forum posting site.
Hello Friends, does anyone know how to repair corrupted VHDX files in Windows 7? I got a VHD installed on my computer with Windows 7. Yesterday evening when I was turn on the virtual machine, I saw my VHD corrupted with all saved data are damaged. So anyone can tell me how to repair corrupted VHD and VHDX without any hassle. Because my all data is very precious and all are my official data please help me ASAP. Thanks in Advance
Hello Everyone, I am recently use virtual machine. I have one year old .vhd file, which I mounted in Windows 10 system. It was working properly initially, but I don’t know how some files deleted from VHD. So, I want to know that, is it possible to repair corrupted VHD file. If yes then please share the steps to repair damaged vhd file .”
If the Virtual hard drive (VHD) file gets corrupted, users may lose their data files and folders, including VHD boot files. Now we know what is VHD file, Reason of corruption, and how to repair damaged VHD file. So let’s begin…
What is VHD File
VHD is a virtual hard drive format. VHD mainly used for system image backup. The Files and folders on your hard drive can also be stored in your VHD or VHDX. However, VHD files and folders are prone to corruption problems and make it unavailable to be used on a virtual machine.
Causes for VHD File Corruptions
There are many possible causes for VHD file corruptions:-
- Due to virus and malware attack
- Suspended virtual machine status
- Storage media failure
- Due to humane errors
- Power failure
- Sudden system shut down
The Easiest way to Repair Corrupted VHD File
There is no manual method to repair damaged VHD file because using manual method steps to repair corrupted VHDX file is not so easy for technical and non-technical users. So its better users can use VHD File Recovery Software. It is a trustworthy tool designed by professional data recovery experts to recover corrupted and damaged VHD or VHDX files.
The best part of the software is it recovers deleted, corrupted, virus infected, formatted, lost, damaged, VHDX (Virtual Hard Drive) file. It has simple GUI (Graphic User Interface) and very easy to use savvy and non-savvy both users can use this software. Now we will discuss the working process of the software
Steps to Repair Corrupted VHD File
Here we have mentioned a few simple steps to repair damaged VHD file:-
- Download and run Hyper V Recovery software on your computer at any version of Windows
- Now click on the browse button and navigate to the location where .vhd and .vhdx file saved. Choose the corrupted and damaged files and click on Scan.
- After completed the recovery procedure. Tool will list all restored folders into Explore panel. Just expand the folder and preview restored items very easily.
- In the end, tool provides two options to Save repaired VHD or VHDX file items. Either Save complete recovered files or selected file. Choice is yours
Beneficial Features of Tool to Repair Corrupted VHDX File
- Guaranteed recovery of corrupted, lost, damaged, mounted or dismounted VHD or VHDX file with complete data recovery without any hassle.
- Supports to recover for both Static and Dynamic VHD or VHDX file of FAT (16, 32 )and NTFS file system.
- Allows Microsoft Windows Hyper-V, Virtual PC and Virtual Server VHDX and VHD files.
- This application is compatible with all Windows versions like 10, 8, 7 and all below version
- Restore Shift+Delete, formatted or re-formatted .vhd & .vhdx partition data file recovery.
- Tool restores Raw data file from formatted VHDX and VHD partition
- Application recovers unlimited data without any file size issues
- Allows to recover corrupted VHD and VHDX data files
Points to Remember
- Always take backup of your important data
- Always scan your drive with reliable anti virus software
- Do not attach any virus infected external storage device like pen drive, hard drive, SD card or Memory card etc.
In the above write up we have mentioned a smart method to repair corrupted VHD file. We recommended using trusted professional software with specialized features to repair damaged vhd file. To know the working efficiency of the software use a free demo version of the software and make your data recovery hassle-free.
FAQS – How to Repair Corrupted VHDX File
Yes, Read the above-mentioned blog and know how to repair a corrupted VHD file.
Yes, you can recover a normal deleted, shift deleted VHD file with the help of the above-mentioned software.
With the help of this blog, you can repair the VHDX file.
Yes, you can install this software on any version of Windows.