Remove VBA Password from MS Access –Techniques to Unlock Access Files
This blog shows how you can remove VBA password from MS Access files and access the information stored in these files. MS Access creates database files containing information in tabular form in which every table stored data that belongs to VBA project.
There are chances and situations where a user may lock the VBA project and forgets the password to them and get locked out of the file. Users now want to crack the password which is a protective layer to encrypt the Access files (.mdb). There are also cases where the files are corrupted or show errors and prevent access to the VBA project.
Here, you will find all the best methods to bypass the password protection and be able to access the VBA project. Read till the end of the blog to find out which is the best way as per your requirements and learn how to perform the password recovery or removal in a trouble-free manner.
What Are the Technique to Remove VBA Password from MS Access?
We will be explaining 3 simple techniques to perform the removal procedure to get the information from the files. You will find the steps for each method in the upcoming segments so you can check these out and understand which is better suited for you. First, we will be discussing the solutions in brief here:
As mentioned above, the first method in the manual method can help you perform the procedure using MS Access database file but can only open a file and not set or change an existing password.
Same goes for the second method, which makes use of the Visual Basic Editor to remove VBA password from MS Access. Both these methods are limited to not setting or changing an existing password and require technical expertise and knowledge of using VBA codes.
Whereas, the third method will help users to perform the password removal operation without any troubles and is an easy-to-use method. For this, you just need to download the VBA Password Remover Tool and perform the easy steps of removal.
Method 1 – How to Remove Password Using MS Access?
Follow the given steps to break the password:
1. First of all, open the file by entering the correct password for the database file.
2. After that, click on the File tab and press the Open button to start with the process to remove VBA password from MS Access.
3. Choose the Decrypt Database option and click OK when asked about exclusive use.
4. Next, you have to choose the Access Database file (.accdb) which is to be decrypted.
5. Now, choose Open Exclusive from the drop-down list.
6. This way you can break the password.
7. After that, click on the File tab again and go to the Decrypt Database option.
8. Enter the password in the User Database Password dialogue box and hit OK.
By doing so, any password from MS Access Database will be removed making it free to access. Even though this method seems simple, it needs some technical knowledge while performing it.
Method 2 – Remove VBA Password from MS Access Using Visual Basic Editor
This method makes use of ActiveX Data Objects (ADO.Net) cove and works with MS Access 2003 and 2007. Follow the steps:
1. Start by creating a new Access database and open it.
2. Now, press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Visual Basic Editor.
3. After that, click on the Insert option and hit the Module button.
4. Then, you have to enter the code as given below:
As String, _ Pwd As String)Dim CN As ADODB.Connection
Set CN = New ADODB.Connection
‘ Remove MS Access VBA Password
‘ Open database for shared (by default), read/write access, and
‘ specify database password.
.Provider = “Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0”
.Properties(“Jet OLEDB:Database Password”) = Pwd
.Mode = adModeReadWrite
‘ Here goes the Code to work with database.
Set CN = Nothing
This is a bit complex but for those who know about the VBA codes and have technical expertise, this method can help in every way. For those who want a simpler approach to remove VBA Password from MS Access can skip to the next method.
Method 3 – What Makes This Method Hassle-Free?
This solution as discussed above is a tool which can easily help users with removing password for the Access file and is an amazing software. It has the capability to crack password from multilingual projects as well. The tool has great features and a user-friendly interface which makes it easy for users to understand how it works. Let’s find out:
1. Download and Launch the application on your Windows OS desktop.
2. Insert the required files in the software panel by clicking on the Add File(s) option.
3. Browse for the files that you need to remove password from and hit Open button.
4. Finally, press the Reset option to remove VBA password from MS Access.
These are the only steps that a user has to follow while trying to break the password. The software has various features that you can utilize as explained below:
- Option to generate a new password and remove the old one
- Removes the password from single or multiple VBA projects
- Compatible with Multiple Windows OS and MS Office (32/64 bit)
- Breaks password of any length without any restrictions
- Can work with MS Access file of Office 2007, 2003, 2000, and lower versions
The Final Lines
The solutions to remove VBA password from MS Access have been explained in this write-up. There are not many users who have technical expertise which is why they might find the manual workarounds a bit difficult and complex. Which is why we have given a simpler approach for those who want an easy solution which they can use.