ProtonMail to Outlook – Technology as Simplest Yet Intuitive
While using the ProtonMail email service, many users have faced issues which is why they are now switching from ProtonMail to Outlook.
Searching over the internet for a specific query, you will find that there are many solutions to help you. But, not every solution helps.
Don’t worry! We are here with the most useful solution which the experts have also given a thumbs up to.
But before that, a few words about what ProtonMail is.
ProtonMail is a webmail which you can use for basic communication services via emails. It allows users to organize their mailbox along with the basic receiving & sending functions.
But, the need to forward ProtonMail to Outlook arises when these services are no longer needed and helping.
User Query: My purpose of using the ProtonMail service is fulfilled now and I would really like to use a desktop-email client now. I am thinking Outlook would be the best but I have no clue on how to migrate the data. If there is anything anyone knows, please hit me up. Thanks in advance!
To solve the above-stated query, we are here with the perfect solution.
Before that, take a quick look at the reasons to make the switch.
Why Migrate from ProtonMail to Outlook? Reasons Explained
Since this email service (ProtonMail) doesn’t provide any security to the emails, it becomes the user’s responsibility to keep them safe.
This is also a reason why users start converting their messages. Outlook data files can be kept in the local device and be accessed in Outlook whenever there is a need.
Also, offline access to data is a popular reason why various people are exporting their data.
Whatever might be the reason, the solution is one.
Which Solution is the Best to Forward ProtonMail to Outlook?
You might find a lot of solutions when searching for making the switch to Outlook. Well, there is no manual method, that’s for sure.
Due to the lack of a free & manual solution, users start relying upon tools for the same.
Let’s talk about the expert’s technique which can transfer the data in bulk and makes no mistake while doing so.
You just have to download the IMAP Mail Backup Software for Mac and the work will get started.
The working is smooth so you don’t have to worry about the technicalities. Easily export your ProtonMail to Outlook by applying various features all of which are incredible.
Want to know more about the functions?
First, we will be explaining the export process.
Performing the Operation to Export Emails by Applying the Tool
1. Download the software on your machine and enter the credentials for your account. Provide the IMAP Server and Port Key No. to Login to your account.
2. After that, click on the PST radio button when redirected to the next window. If you want to apply the filters, click on the Advance Settings button to selectively forward ProtonMail to Outlook.
3. Then, choose the size of the files in the Split PST Option. Mark the dates in the Date-filter for a selective data transfer from a specific time-period.
4. Now, if you want, you can mark the Delete after Download feature as well. Make sure you hit Yes to confirm the application of this feature.
5. Click on the Browse button to set the location of the data files.
6. Final step is to press the Start Backup button.
Time to learn about the functions that the software provides.
Expanding Features to Transfer ProtonMail to Outlook Via the Software
- Several formats like PST, PDF, EML, MBOX, HTML, TXT, etc. are also available
- For a selective transfer, Date-filter is applicable for a specific time-duration
- Usage of Delete after Download feature remove the data that you are saving
- With the Naming Convention feature, it is easy to change the names of the emails
- Apply the Incremental Backup feature if you want to save only the recent files
- Divide large sized files by using the Split PST Option & change the size in MB or GB
Once you know how to download the data, forward ProtonMail to Outlook.
Instructions to Transfer the Data from Mailbox to System Explained Below
1. Launch the Outlook application on your desktop. Click on the File button from the toolbar.
2. Now, select the Open & Export option from the extended menu. Navigate to the Import/Export option and hit it.
3. From there, when the Import/Export Wizard opens up, choose the Import from another program or file Click Next.
4. Here, choose the Outlook data file (.pst) option and click on the Next button.
5. Start browsing the data file you want to import. Choose the file to store the path in the Browse field.
6. Deal with duplicates and click on the Finish button.
Generally, users export ProtonMail to Outlook when their needs are fulfilled or they want to keep a backup. Also, when the time to switch to another email client arrives, people start switching. However, they take their data along to make sure they have the info that might be needed later.
So, to keep the data fully secure even while downloading in bulk, the tool is what comes in handy. If you are searching for a manual method, you will not find any.