Outlook Mac 2011 Error Code 3259
MS Outlook 2011 is designed especially for Mac system that provides the similar functionality as Outlook Windows version. It is also known as the upgraded version of Entourage 2008 that came before the launch of Outlook 2011. Among the issues that occur while using Outlook 2011, one common error is Error 3259 that happens while sending email using Outlook 2011.The blog will be discussing about the same error and the ways to resolve the error.
Error 3259 in Outlook 2011
This error usually occurs when user tries to send email using Outlook 2011 displaying the message below:
“An operation on the server timed out. The server may be down, overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic”
Mail could not be sent and the error name is 3259
This error hits the connection between client and server. When client is requested for execution of an operation, then server receives the request of client and it responds with suitable operation. However, when this error is encountered, user is unable to execute the required function due to server time out before completing the request.
Cause of the error 3259
In Mac Outlook email client, error 3259 occurs due to incorrect configuration of POP3 settings of Mac Outlook user account. The error mostly occurs while performing send operation with Outlook 2011. It can result into server time out condition restricting the flow of emails between client and server.
How to Resolve the Error 3259?
The following steps that need to be followed to resolve the error 3259 encountered while sending email in Outlook 2011 are as follows:
- Firstly, we need to make sure that there is successful connectivity with web is present.
- User can ensure the connectivity by signing in any web-based application using the correct credentials i.e. username and password
- After verification of proper web connectivity, we can re-configure the POP3 settings of our Mac Outlook account. For configuring the settings, we will the procedure stated below.
- Open Mac Outlook email application
- Select the MSN or Outlook.com account by clicking the Tools button.
- In the incoming server box, type pop2.live.com
- Modify the port number to 995
- Similarly, in the outgoing server box, type smtp.live.com
- Modify the port number to 587
- Now, after the modifications click on More Options
- In the Authentication tab, select Use incoming Server Info
- Exit the application
- Restart the Outlook and perform send/receive again.
The error 3259 in Outlook 2011 is found when user tries to send email using Mac Outlook 2011. The blog explains about the same error and the possible reasons of why this error occurs in Mac Outlook 2011. It has been observed that that the error 3259 happens due to incorrect configuration of POP3 settings of Mac Outlook user account. In order to rectify the error, we can follow the steps given in the blog to modify the port number. Connection between the client and server will be possible and user will be able to send emails after fixing the error 3259.