How to Migrate from Hotmail to Office 365? Top Solutions
Hotmail, which is now known as Outllook.com is a web-based email service that also provides other services like calendars, contacts, tasks, etc. But, like other webmail services, its users have been facing problems with security issues and dependency on internet connection to access their data. This led users to migrate to other services like Office 365 which is a more secure and professional email service by Microsoft. Therefore, in this article, we will provide you with the top solutions that you can follow to migrate from Hotmail to Office 365.
Table of Contents:
Why Migrate Hotmail Email to Office 365?
Office 365 is a cloud-based service by Microsoft Office that provides various services like Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, etc. There are a lot of reasons why users want to migrate from Hotmail to Office 365, let us discuss a few of them.
- Increases Productivity: Office 365 enhances the productivity of its users as it offers various other applications as well like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.
- Advanced Features: Office 365 offers various advanced features according to different subscription plans which users can choose as per their needs and requirements.
- Better Management: Users of Office 365 can manage their accounts better as they can easily have access to all their emails in a single place.
These are some of the reasons why users want to migrate Hotmail email to Office 365. Now, let us understand how we can do that with the help of the best solutions available, in the next section.
Manual Method to Migrate from Hotmail to Office 365
Users can configure their Hotmail emails to Office 365 manually by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Open Outlook on your system, then click on the “File” tab and select the “Add account” option.
- Now enter the required details such as “Name”, “Email address” and “Password” and move ahead by clicking on the “Next” button.
- This will start the synchronization process in Outlook and again provide the login credentials.
- Now download the PST file of all your emails from Outlook and then import it into Office 365.
The manual method to migrate from Hotmail to Office 365 is very complicated and there are high chances of data loss if you don’t have good technical knowledge. But, we also have another solution to your problem suggested by experts, discussed in the next section.
Professional Tool for Hotmail to Office 365 Migration
The manual method is very complicated, time consuming, and has a high risk of data loss especially for users with limited technical knowledge. Therefore, the best solution for every user to migrate from Hotmail to Office 365 is with the help of the IMAP Migration Tool. This tool enables the user to export emails from all IMAP servers from single as well as bulk mailboxes to Office 365 in an easy and secure way.
Step by Step Method to Migrate Hotmail Email to Office 365
Now, let us have a look at the steps you need to follow for a successful Hotmail to Office 365 migration.
- Open the professional software and select “IMAP ” in the source and “Office 365” in the destination.
- Next, enable the checkbox that represents “Email” from the “Workload Selection”.
- Enable the “Date Filter” checkbox so that you can migrate only the selective data, and now click on the “Next” button.
- From the IMAP server drop down menu select the “Other” option and after that enter the “IMAP Server URL” and “Port Number”.
- Now enter the required details necessary for the migration process like “Destination Email” and “Application ID”, and then click on “Validate”.
- Go to the “Users” screen and then choose from the available options as per your requirement to migrate from Hotmail to Office 365.
- Next, add the “Source App Password” and then click on the “Validate” button at the top right side of your screen.
- Click on the “Start Migration” button and after its completion, you can view all your files from the “Completed” tab.
Why Choose the Professional IMAP Migration Tool?
There are many reasons why a user should choose the professional software to migrate from Hotmail to Office 365, let us look at a few of them in brief.
- Users should choose this software to migrate single or bulk mailboxes from all IMAP email servers to Office 365.
- The professional tool has features that support delta and concurrent migration to migrate only new data and from multiple IMAP accounts respectively.
- Users can also re-run the migration process or retry the failed items which is very helpful in ensuring zero data loss.
- The professional tool allows the users to download a CSV file of the migration report that contains all the data of the migration process and can use for future analysis.
In this blog, we have discussed the top solutions to migrate from Hotmail to Office 365, but the manual solution is not an ideal one for users as it is very complicated and has a high chance of data loss. Therefore, an ideal solution will be to use the professional migration tool mentioned above in the blog to migrate all your Hotmail emails easily to an Office 365 account.