IMAP Emails Not Showing Up in Outlook 2016 Explained Here
There are times when users complain about the error “IMAP emails not showing up in Outlook 2016”.
It should be noted that there are a few naïve users who are not inclined towards the technical arena and want a simple explanation for the same.
We are here to give that explanation and the perfect way to avoid falling in such a situation with the help of experts.
Let’s first learn something about the error first.
Usually, people prefer using the manual and free methods to download their emails which is not always the best option.
Sometimes, this causes IMAP emails not showing up in Outlook error. Well, you can avoid this error from being caused by using only the certified methods for creating an archive.
The manual method requires you to configure your email server with Outlook and then the Import/Export method is used to save the emails.
This process keeps the properties of the IMAP emails and folders which are not really compatible with an archive in Outlook.
Because of this, the error can be seen with negative side-effects, functionality issues, etc.
Let’s see how you can overcome this error.
Is There Any Way to Overcome IMAP Emails Not Showing Up in Outlook 2016?
Upon searching for the methods to fix this issue, you shall find various methods to overcome this error.
These methods are useful but a lot more complicated to apply when the operation is to be performed.
If you want to use them, you need to have high-level technical knowledge and then only you can go forward with these methods.
Moreover, both the techniques are lengthy, time-consuming, and complex that the user would not want in a successful procedure.
Also, the methods to solve IMAP emails not showing up in Outlook change the class property of the IMAP folder and make it even more difficult.
So, you can use the method explained later to understand how you can avoid such a situation.
First, take a look at the functions that are being messed with using the manual solution.
What Functions Does the Manual Method Muss?
This error is seen when you download the emails using the manual method i.e. Import/Export wizard.
When this operation is performed, a few functionalities are messed with causing IMAP emails not showing up in Outlook 2016. These issues are:
- The imported files do not get any Follow Up flags.
- You will see a Filter Applied message in the Status Bar at the bottom left corner of the window.
- There is a possibility that the views for IMAP accounts may be shown when you switch to View tab and press Change View.
- This error is also occurred when the imported folders are configured with your smartphone or tablet.
Let’s see how you can overcome these constraints.
How to Avoid IMAP Emails Not Showing Up in Outlook Error?
The above mentioned error can be overcome by using the IMAP Backup Software to download the emails easily.
Use the following features for a successful, selective, and safe backup procedure:
- Download emails in formats like PST, EML, PDF, MBOX, EMLX, MSG, etc.
- Export emails selectively by setting dates in the Date-Filter
- Save the structure of the folder via Maintain Folder Structure
- Remove emails from mailbox using Delete after Download
- Incremental Backup to save newly arrived emails locally
Overcome IMAP Emails Not Showing Up in Outlook 2016 Using the Tool
1. Install the software and choose your domain to enter the credentials for Login.
2. Choose the format in the Select Export Type section as PST and go to the Advance Settings button to apply filters.
3. Click on the Date-Filter option to set the dates and choose the size in the Split PST Option.
4. To keep the folder structure the same and free up space in server, mark Maintain Folder Hierarchy and Delete after Download options and make sure to avoid IMAP emails not showing up in Outlook error or similar.
5. Hit the Change button for setting the desired location or creating a new folder for the resultant files via pressing New Folder option.
6. Final step is to hit the Start Backup button to finish up.
After the first process is completed, you can go through the same steps and mark Incremental Backup option and scan the mailbox again for new emails. Export only those emails if any found.
There You Have It
The method using which you do not have to encounter the IMAP emails not showing up in Outlook 2016 is explained here.
To fix this issue, the manual methods are pretty difficult to understand and follow through. Also, for helping users not make the same mistake again, we have here the best way to backup your IMAP emails.