Export Emails From ProtonMail – Explore Expert Solution to Download ProtonMail Emails
Despite ProtonMail being a safe email service, many users are looking for solutions to export emails from ProtonMail. Here are a few examples.
User needs may be different but the goal is the same i.e. to download their emails from ProtonMail. Undoubtedly, the email platform is secure and provides end-to-end encryption but it runs on the cloud/web. And, it’s difficult to predict its safety from today’s advanced cyberattacks. Thus, saving them to a local hard drive is the best thing you can do. Besides, having a backup of your emails could be beneficial in different scenarios. Let’s have a look at them.
Benefits of Exporting Emails from ProtonMail
Here are different scenarios that you can relate to.
- You can protect your important emails from being erased accidentally, losing data, or experiencing service interruptions by exporting them as a backup.
- When you don’t have an online connection, you can keep exported emails locally and retrieve them at any time.
- Exporting your ProtonMail emails enables you to move your old messages to a new email service provider if you wish to change them.
- You can ensure that your data is safe and accessible even outside of the ProtonMail environment by exporting your emails. This gives you complete control and ownership over your data.
- Email exporting can help you clear up your inbox by preserving old communications and maintaining access to them for future reference.
- Legal requirements force some companies and industries to keep email records on file for predetermined amounts of time. Exporting emails makes it easier to abide by legal requirements.
- Exporting your emails lets you save your crucial correspondence before you close or deactivate your ProtonMail account.
How to Export Emails from ProtonMail? Know the Different Methods
There are two methods using which you can export your emails.
- Manual Method
- Automated Method
The manual is a straightforward process through which emails can be exported one at a time. Here goes the procedure.
- Sign in to your ProtonMail account and open the email you want to download.
- After that click on the More dropdown arrow and further click on the Export option.
- Choose the location of your choice for the ProtonMail backup email.
- Finally, click on save.
After completing the above procedure, you’ll be able to export your emails from ProtonMail in .eml file format. This approach may seem simple and easy but can convert into a daunting task when you have a large number of emails to export. That’s why it’s recommended to use the alternative method i.e. the automated one. Let’s explore this method in detail.
Automated Approach for ProtonMail Email Backup
This is a tried and tested method that uses the Professional IMAP Backup Tool and is preferred by most users. Since it involves automated software, exporting emails becomes very easy and convenient. Both novice and technically sound users can use this tool without any external support. The working of the tool is smooth and easy and it has a lot of advanced features which make it unique.
Before diving into the features of the tool, let’s first discuss how you can use the tool to export emails from ProtonMail.
Step by Step Working Procedure of the Professional Tool
The working operation of the tool is really simple. Here are the detailed steps you can refer to.
Step 1. Download the above-mentioned backup tool on your device.
Step 2. Next, log in to the IMAP server by entering the credentials and necessary fields.
Step 3. After that, select the export type. [Here we’ve explained about the PST file format.]
Step 4. Then, click on the Advanced Settings option to customize the backup process.
Step 5. Next, Tick the Delete After Download option if you want to erase the emails from the server after the download.
Step 6. Then, select the Incremental Backup checkbox if required.
Step 7. After that, select the Destination Path where you want to save your emails.
Step 8. Finally, click on the Start Backup button to begin.
Why Choose the Tool to Export Emails from ProtonMail?
- Allows you to export emails in different file formats including EML, PST, MBOX, PDF, MSG, etc.
- Offers Date Filter option for selective backup.
- Provides the Delete After Download option to clear space on the server after downloading the emails.
- Gives the provision to backup newly arrived emails through the Incremental backup option.
- Preserves the Folder Hierarchy through the process.
- Provides the Naming Convention option.
- Above all, the tool is designed for Mac users and is compatible with all the versions of Mac OS.
ProtonMail doesn’t offer any in-house features for exporting emails. However, you can export emails one by one. This could take forever if you have a bunch of emails to download. That’s why we recommended a tried and tested automated approach to export emails from ProtonMail. Thus, try the method now and rest, leave it to the tool.