Why to Copy Files from OneDrive to Google Drive?
Microsoft One Drive and Google G Drive are used worldwide by organizations/Colleges for file storage. But outages / reasons lead to copy files from OneDrive to Google Drive. Nowadays user is more focused on a storage facility to store their file because it acts as a backbone in the digital world and maintain every record.
- Google drive provides 15 GB storage for free users and that much space is enough for personal use for a person. In spite of that OneDrive offers 5 GB storage for free users. This turns out to be one of the reasons why people are copying their files to Google storage.
- In today’s world, more people use G Drive than OneDrive. The reason is Google Drive has 800 million active users and OneDrive has more than 250 million users. Facts and figure given here clearly states that which one is better to use.
- Nevertheless, the pricing factor also plays an important role to transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive. G Drive provides 100GB for $1.99/month and OneDrive offers 50GB of storage for $2/month.
- Organization’s major concern nowadays is the security of data that cloud storage providers give. G Drive encrypts data using TLS and 256-bit AES encryption algorithm and its hard for supercomputer also to decrypt it. Google also provides 2-factor authentication to keep data secure. On the other hand, OneDrive offers security is a major issue because it provides less security as compare to Google.
- The maximum file size limit that OneDrive provides is 10 GB for sync or upload. Apart from this Google Drive offers to move 5 TB file size of data. That’s why these companies copy their files from OneDrive to Google Drive because a larger file size can be easily transferred.
This is one of the key difference between OneDrive to G Drive that allows the user to transfer data.
These factors and reasons are enough to tell why a person is copying files. There are certain approaches that help you to send data.
Approach to Copy Files from OneDrive to Google Drive
Solution 1: By using Manual method
1. Visit https://OneDrive.live.com/about/en-us/signin/ and Sign in with your OneDrive account.
2. Select the files that you want a transfer from OneDrive to Google Drive and click on download.
3. Then, visit https://www.google.com/drive/ and click on Go to Google Drive.
4. Sign in with your Google Drive account.
5. Click on My Drive and select upload files.
6. Then a window will appear, choose the data that you want to send to G Drive. Click on open.
7. Finally, your copy files from OneDrive to Google Drive process is complete.
Limitation Of Manual Method:
After performing so many steps of manual solution to upload files is a very tedious job to do. To send files from OneDrive to Google Drive you need to have automated software or a stable internet connection.
- If you transfer or copy a large amount of data to G Drive you will face so many problems.
- In case of power failure there are chances that your data / files might get corrupted.
- It doesn’t provide Incremental Migration facility.
- User cannot set priority because it does not have priority option.
- You cannot copy multiple user data to OneDrive to Google Drive.
- Manual method does not send specific date data to G Drive.
- It cannot provide summary report of migration of files.
- User don’t have a option to migrate data in multiple ways.
So, that’s the reason why so many people go for the automatic method to transfer data from OneDrive to G Drive. Migrator for OneDrive to G Drive is used to automatically send files.
Solution 2: By using Automated Method
This tool helps you to copy files / data from OneDrive to Google Drive. This software can transfer photos, audio, video, PDF, files, etc… to the G Drive account. It have several features and it can perform many operations such as:
#1. It can export items: Docx, PPTX, XLSX, Images, etc.,
#2. It can transfer Single / Multiple users files from OneDrive to G Drive.
#3. Users can set priority for migration by using the priority option.
#4. The person can send documents with a speed of 40 GB * / Hour.
#5. This tool supports incremental migration while copy folder to G Drive.
Steps to Copy files from OneDrive to Google Drive
1. Download and Run this migration tool. Click on Register.
2. Insert Admin credentials for source & destination.
3. Select preferences, click on categories to send files from OneDrive to Google Drive and apply filters.
4. Click on the same as source email ID to migrate all domains.
5. Finally, the copy files from OneDrive to Google Drive complete successfully.
This article provides the best and complete solution to migrate data. Users have detailed information of how to copy files from OneDrive to Google Drive. This writeup covers all things like – reasons, approaches, limitations, features and steps to transfer files from Microsoft OneDrive to G Drive.
Automated Software overcomes all the limitations and drawbacks that occur in the manual solution to transfer files from OneDrive to G Drive. Plus it has some additional and special features that help you to solve all your queries.