How to Configure Microsoft Office 365 in Outlook ?
Raj | Modified: September 7, 2021 | Outlook Tips | 3 Minutes Reading
In this article we are going to discuss how to Configure Microsoft Office 365 in Outlook in simple steps. It is just work of some mouse button clicks. Lets have a look for accessing emails of Office 365 with the help of Microsoft Outlook.
Know How to Ste Up Microsoft Office 365 in Outlook Quickly
- Firstly, Go to Start menu & click on Control Panel for launching it.
- Then search “mail” in control panel and click on Mail to open it.
- Now, click an Email Accounts button for setting up account settings.
- Now In Account Settings wizard click on New as shown in below image for setting up new account.
- Now Add Account setup wizard will open. Select manual setup or additional server types and click on Next button.
- Now select the radio button Microsoft Exchange service or compatible Service and click on Next button to proceed.
- Now, enter “outlook.office365.com” in server text box and enter User Name and then click on Check Name button for checking the availability of user mailbox. Don’t forget to check the checkbox Use Cached Exchange Mode, Cached exchange mode will allow you to work with your emails when you will in offline mode. You can also change the time period for keeping older mails locally in your computer.Click on the More Settings button now.
- After clicking on more settings button you will see new window named as Microsoft Exchange. Here, click on Security tab and Uncheck the checkbox Encrypt data between Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft Exchange.
- Now change the Logon network option, choose Anonymous Authentication.
- Now click on Connection tab & check the checkbox Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP and click on Exchange Proxy Settings button.
- Now Microsoft Exchange Proxy Settings wizard will open in connection settings textbox type the URL outlook.office365.com.
- Now check the checkbox Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name on their certificate & type msstd:outlook.com in the textbox and leave the rest of things as it is shown in below image and at last Click on OK button to continue.
- Again hit OK button in earlier window and at last click on Finish button.
Successfully Setting Up Office 365 in Outlook
In this article we discussed about Setting up Microsoft Office 365 on Outlook for accessing mails, contacts and calendars. As we saw in above steps that it was not a very tough task, anyone can do this easily by having some knowledge about Microsoft Outlook and Office 365.