Amazon Workmail Backup – How to Archive Emails Locally?
There are various users who have their accounts on different email services that they use to manage their data separately.
Some use it as a professional email service while some use it as personal email service. It offers many great functionalities to its users for the best mailing experience and provides security to the data.
However, Amazon Workmail archiving is necessary because the data is still not safe from the external threats posed by hackers, malware attacks, etc.
We have seen a lot of queries where users say that they have lost their data from AWS Workmail due to virus attacks, hackers trying to get it or accidentally deleting their data.
Now, there is no need to panic if you haven’t taken a backup yet, we have the perfect solution for you to create a backup.
Let’s get started with it!
Techniques for Creating Amazon Workmail Backup
While surfing through the internet for research, we found that there are no methods to download the data manually. For this operation, you need to use the Amazon Workmail Backup Tool on Windows OS.
Other than that, there are no methods that can be used to archive the emails. Here, we will give in detail explanation of the features offered by the tool.
The software is pretty easy-to-use and has a user-friendly interface to help the non-technical users with Amazon Workmail archiving.
Let’s first check how this tool works.
How to Create an Archive of Emails on Local Storage?
1. Once you launch the tool, you will be asked to enter the credentials for your AWS Workmail account to Login.
2. Then, you have to choose the file format in which you want your data to be exported and hit the Browse button to set the destination path.
3. After that, click on the Delete after Download option and confirm it by hitting Yes when prompted.
4. Create Amazon Workmail backup for selective emails by choosing the Apply Filter option. Here, you can choose the dates from the Date-filter for a time-period.
5. At last, finish up the process by clicking on the Start button.
As soon as your data is downloaded, you will be able to view your emails along with their attachments on the chosen location.
If you receive any email during or after the backup task, then you can export only those emails using the Incremental Backup feature.
Impeccable Features of the Software for Amazon Workmail Archiving
1. Different Emailing Formats: While using the software to create your backup, you can export the data directly from your account. You can choose the email format such as PST, EML, PDF, MSG, and MBOX to download your data in.
2. Date-Filter Feature: For those users who want to archive their emails as per a specific time-zone with the help of Date-Filter feature. In this feature, you can set the dates for choosing a duration to save the emails from the given period only.
3. Maintain Folder Hierarchy: After you create Amazon Workmail backup using the tool, you will find that there are no changes made in the data or the structure of the folder. The folder hierarchy is kept the same as before the backup process for user’s convenience.
4. Delete after Download: This specific feature is embedded in the tool for helping users to free up some space in their mailbox. The data that you download will be deleted from your mailbox after the exportation process to regain space in the server.
5. Incremental Backup Option: When you are done with Amazon Workmail archiving, you can check for newly arrived emails as well. Using this feature, you will be able to scan the mailbox and download only the newly arrived emails to avoid duplicity issues.
6. Pause & Resume Feature: To manage the backup process, the tool offers the Pause & Resume options so that you can pause the operation whenever the need be. Once your issue is resolved, you can restore the process from the Home section and resume it.
Now, let’s take a look at the user queries solved by the tool.
Solved User Queries Related to Amazon Workmail Backup
User Query 1 – There are certain emails on my AWS Workmail account that I need to download but those emails are from a certain time-zone. Now, I don’t know how I can download them locally as I can’t find any method to do so. Please help me with a solution to do the same.
User Query 2 – I am using Amazon Workmail for keeping all my personal emails here to manage them. However, I need to perform the Amazon Workmail archiving process for these emails as they also hold some really important attachments. Can anyone suggest a method to download the emails along with their attachments?
User Query 3 – Taking a backup is really important for me since I once lost my data permanently because I didn’t have a backup. I prefer using backup software for it due to the accuracy that it provides. If there is any tool to download data from AWS Workmail, please suggest!
Using AWS Workmail, you must have gotten various functions to work with. However, you should have Amazon Workmail backup on your local storage so that if anything was to happen to your data on cloud, it will still be safe on your system.
To do so, we have explained the perfect solution that provides a number of features for simple, quick, and trouble-free backup task.