How to Allow Page Extraction in PDF – Adobe & Professional Tool
Discover how to allow page extraction in PDF documents. In this guide, we’ll explore what is page extraction, the reasons for restrictions, and practical methods to enable or change page extraction settings in PDF files.
Table of Contents:
Page extraction is the ability to extract individual pages from a PDF document. It can be restricted for various reasons. This article offers a comprehensive guide to resolving these restrictions.
What is Page Extraction in PDF
Page extraction is an operation that lets users extract specific pages from a PDF document. It’s a useful feature that helps in creating customized documents. It also helps in sharing particular content from a larger PDF.
How to Allow Page Extraction in PDF
Users can enable page extraction in PDF when it is not allowed. There are two methods to do so. The first method uses Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and requires a permission password to get the job done. The second method uses a professional tool that does not require a permission password for anything.
Method 1: Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Go to File >> Properties & click on the Security tab.
- Here, you will find that Document assembly is not allowed.
- Select No Security in the security method.
- After that, enter the permission password and confirm it again, if required.
- Keep clicking on the OK button to close all dialog boxes.
- Finally, save the PDF file by clicking on File >> Save.
Method 2: Using Professional Software
PDF Unlocker Software Tool is a dedicated tool designed to enable page extraction in PDF files. Here’s how to do it step-by-step:
- Install and launch the full version of the product.
- After that, click Add Files to import the PDF with page extraction restrictions.
- Then, select the destination location for the unlocked PDF.
- Finally, click Unlock to initiate the process.
Once unlocked, you can freely extract pages from the PDF.
How to Change Page Extraction in PDF
The previous section displays methods to allow page extraction in PDF documents with and without password. In this section, we will focus on disabling page extraction. This way users can learn how to either enable or disable page extraction in PDF file. Anyhow, the methods are given below.
Method 1: Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Run Adobe Acrobat and open the PDF file.
- Select File >> Properties >> Security tab.
- Select Password Security from the dropdown.
- In the Password Security – Settings dialog, find the Permissions section.
- Check the box in this section.
- Choose the option Any except extracting pages in Changes Allowed dropdown.
- Enter the permission password and click Ok.
- Confirm the permission password again and click Ok to close all the dialog boxes.
- Save the PDF file and close it.
- Re-open the file and you will find that page extraction is not allowed in PDF.
Method 2: Using Professional Tool
PDF Lock Tool is a dedicated solution for imposing restrictions, including disabling page extraction.
- Install and launch the full version of the tool.
- Click Add Files to import the PDF where you want to restrict page extraction.
- Select the destination location for the locked PDF.
- Go to the next page and select Any except extracting pages in the dropdown.
- Click Lock to enable page extraction restriction in PDF.
The PDF file is now protected against page extraction.
There are several situations where a user wants to change page extraction in PDF file. Whether it is to disallow or allow page extraction in PDF, this article covers them all. Use the methods outlined above to customize the security settings as per requirements.
Q1: What is page extraction in PDF?
A1: Page extraction refers to the process of exporting specific pages from a document.
Q2: Why might page extraction be restricted in a PDF?
A2: Page extraction restrictions are often imposed to protect the document’s content or structure. This is common in secure or confidential documents.