How to Export Mac Outlook Contacts to CSV File? Simple Steps
I have more than 7000 contacts in Outlook and I need to update significantly. I’m using Outlook 2016 on my Mac machine and want to avoid update every contact manually. I’m thinking of converting .olm file to a .csv format. So, that I can make some all the changes through a spreadsheet that will be a lot quicker. Any recommendation on what software program is suitable for export contacts from Outlook Mac to CSV file format?
Without wasting much of your time let’s start with a quick introduction to Microsoft Outlook.
Introduction of Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook was first released with Exchange Server 5.5 and was initially provide users to manage desktop/local to configuring POP3 and Web-based services. A user can easily compose, manage, send or receive emails. It also allows users to modify personal data including contacts. It is a subscription-based service. Since Microsoft Mac Outlook provides you many features but, still it’s very difficult to export Mac Outlook 2016 contacts to CSV.
Everything has there own pros and cons!
But, not to worry about anything.
In this entire post, we will tell you how to export Mac Outlook 2016 contacts to CSV file format in an effective way.
Cut To The Chase
Step 1: Export Contacts from Mac Outlook in OLM File format
Mac Outlook exports contacts only in OLM file format. In this step, we will guide you on how to export the contacts in the OLM file. Follow the steps below:
- Open Outlook for Mac on your Mac machine.
- Go to the File Menu and select the Export option.
- Now, click on Contacts and hit the Continue button.
- Select the Destination folder and hit the Save As button.
- Once the process is completed hit the Finish button.
Following these steps will export Outlook Mac OLM file
Step 2: Convert Exported OLM File into CSV File Format
It is an essential step to convert the OLM file into CSV format because any platform except Mac Outlook doesn’t support the OLM file. But, there are several platforms that support CSV and you can access CSV contacts from several email clients and devices. Below are the steps to export Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, 2011 contacts to CSV file:
Step-1. Download the best & reliable OLM to PST Converter software.
Step-2. Launch the Tool in your system after successful installation.
Step-3. As the very first step, Click on the Add File / Folder button.
Step-4. Select the OLM Files that need to be converted.
Step-5. Now, Select the “Export All folder/Export Selected folder” option according to your requirement.
Step-6. Choose CSV button to transfer OLM to CSV file format.
Step-7. Browse the Destination Folder where you want to keep your converted CSV file.
Step-8. Hit the Export button to start the process.
Step-9. Once the export process gets completed, Click on the OK button.
This is how you can easily execute Outlook Mac Export contacts to CSV operation.
Also Read: How to Import Outlook OLM to Mac Mail
Export Contacts from Outlook Mac to CSV with These Features
Let’s have a look at the fetaures of this advanced utility to know why this solution is way better than other risky methods. You can find these features below respectively:
- Users can easily export their OLM data files to various formats like PST, HTML, MBOX, PDF, EML, vCard, etc.
- If users want, they can also export the archive folder of OLM files into the desired file format with ease.
- If the size of the resultant PST file is large, then users can split the PST files as per their requirements.
- This advanced automated solution is totally compatible with the Outlook versions 2011, 2016, & 2019.
- The automted solution is capable of providing users with an instant preview of emails & attachments.
- Here, the folder hierarchy, as well as the metadata, can be using preserved with advanced algorithms.
- There is no file size restriction present here & no need to download the Outlook application as well.
So, there are many queries related to the topic we discussed today. If you dealing with these types of queries, go through the article we hope you will find the best solution to export Mac Outlook Contacts to CSV File. Follow these simple steps & you can export contacts from Outlook Mac to CSV file without any technical knowledge.
Q- Does this automated solution support Outlook versions 2019, 2016 & 2011?
A- Yes, this solution can help users to smoothly run the Outlook Mac export contacts CSV format in Outlook 2019, 2016 & 2011 versions.
Q- Is this tool available for free or do we have to pay for it?
A- This utility is not open source. However, users can utilize the demo version, which is totally free to test & experience the utility.
Q- What is the success rate of this software to export contacts from Outlook Mac to CSV format?
A- So far, there are no failures observed. the success rate of this tool is 99.995%. Moreover, the accuracy of the results is also quite high.