Let’s Learn How to Break Outlook PST Into Smaller Files
Read and understand how to split PST into smaller parts. This article mentions top 3 tricks to easily break Outlook data file. For an instant breaking of oversized PST files, it also suggests PST Splitter tool. So, just go through the complete blog to break Outlook PST into smaller files.
Why Users Require to Break Large PST File?
There are many reasons behind breaking an Outlook PST file. So, some of the common reasons are mentioned below. Have a look:
• Because the large size of PST file slows down the speed and performance of Microsoft Outlook. Also, it generates some issues while a user try to run an Outlook application.
• If the PST file is going out of space or it is left with limited storage space. Then, the users become unable to store their data components to the folders of PST file in Outlook.
• Once a large PST file exceeds its permitted limit it makes the entire Outlook mailbox data corrupted and inaccessible to others.
What is The Best Solution to Break Outlook PST Into Smaller Files?
Users can use an Outlook PST Splitter to split oversized PST file into smaller parts. This software has the capability to break Outlook data file and open an oversized PST file without any hassle. This tool is programmed in such a way, that it is instantly breaks Outlook PST file by date, size, year, folder, and senders email id.
This software comes up with a self-explanatory interface. So, a non-technical user can also operate it to split oversized PST file without taking any external help. One can download this tool on any Windows machine without encountering any compatibility issue. Because, it supports all advanced and below editions of Windows Operating System.
Are You Gazing For Something Free?
Do not worry! we have also explained the free solution to break an oversized PST file without any hassle. Just go through the upcoming section to know more.
Manual Method to Break Outlook PST Into Smaller Parts
This manual solution is available in two different ways. You can follow any one of them to split large sized Outlook PST file without losing a bit of information.
Step 1: Open MS Outlook application on your local machine
Step 2: Choose the desired PST file from which data will be transferred to the new file
Step 3: Now, hit on the File tab and choose Archive
Step 4: After that, archive this folder and all subfolders wizards will appear on your screen
Step 5: Choose all the folders that need to move
Step 6: Then, browse a location to store this file and provide a name to this newly generated PST file
Step 7: At last, click on OK button and the precise Outlook PST file has been created at the preferred destination
1. First of all, open MS Outlook on your computer.
2. Hit on the File tab and choose Account Settings and again click on Account Settings
3. Here, a new dialog box will display on your screen. Click on Data Files tab and hit on Add option.
4. Then, ‘Create or Open Outlook Data File’ wizard will open. So, you have to choose the file name and the location of PST.
5. Click on the OK button and close the Account Settings wizard
6. Now, hit on File>>Open >> Import option
7. In Import Export wizard, click on Export and select Next
8. Choose the PST file and hit on Next to proceed further in the splitting PST file process
9. Expand Folder window will open now. Click on the folder or subfolder to export from and hit on Next
10. Browse the desired destination to store new PST file and provide a name to this file.
11. Select an appropriate option and hit on Finish
12. Subsequently ‘Create a password for PST’ wizard will appear. If in case, you need to generate a password-protected PST then, add a password otherwise click on the Cancel button
13. Lastly, a new PST file will be generated, which can be viewed via MS Outlook.
As we know, there are various approaches to break Outlook PST into smaller files. After considering your comfort and convenience, we have mentioned both manual and professional solution to split oversized PST files that cross permissible storage limits or that are about to reach maximum storage size limits. As you can see, i.e., manual methods are no direct way to break PST file, they are just a temporary one. Whereas, an automated solution is a perfect option to resolve this issue.